Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Engine
User Name
Password

Old 12-02-2016, 03:01 PM

Default Can't figure out WHY it is leaking!!!

I really appreciate it guys to get input to sort out this issue:

I decided to upgrade my rubber fuel hoses to PTFE lined fuel hose. So I bought the Fragola 6000 series ptfe hose with their fittings. All I could say it was a PITA to install the fittings.

So installed the fuel lines and decided to prime the fuel pump to check for leaks.
So got the line pressurized at around 45psi and noticed fuel is leaking between the collar and the hose.

I did ensure that the ptfe is seated properly againt the olive as instructed; however, not quiet sure why the hell it is leaking still

I initially had issues sliding the collar and get it thread into the fitting because the stainless steal braid was getting in between the threads making it very difficult to tighten the fitting.

So I decided to cut more of the ss braids just barely reaching the olive in order to make it easier to tighten the fitting.

I really appreciate if somebody could shed some light into this and help me sort out this frustrating matter.
Complete Speedtech Subframe Kit,Speedtech Torque Arm, 9" Rearend from Strange, Wilwood Brakes, Minitubbed, Hotchkis Subframe Connectors, FIKSE FM5s
Old 12-02-2016, 03:21 PM

I had the exact issue with my PTFE hose. I simply took it back apart, cut an inch off of it, and put it back together, with no leaks the second go around.
For the record, I've been building hose assembly's for 20 plus years, and this is the first leaking hose I've ever assembled...
70 velle' on custom chassis w/custom RideTech coilovers, RED sleeved 434” with Mamo 265’s, F-body Magnum, 12 bolt 3:73, wilwood 6/4's, bla, bla, bla...build. thread https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=39631
New 434” engine build here https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...ved-block.html

Thanks Dad!!

My Chevelle is old school... It has a belt driven power steering pump.
They're 17's, but I keep em clean!
Old 12-03-2016, 12:09 AM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Che70velle View Post
I had the exact issue with my PTFE hose. I simply took it back apart, cut an inch off of it, and put it back together, with no leaks the second go around.
For the record, I've been building hose assembly's for 20 plus years, and this is the first leaking hose I've ever assembled...
Thanks Scot for the input. Is there a rule of thumb how much to cut from the braided steel to avoid getting between the threads?

Should there be a minimum clearance between the socket hex and collar or it does not matter?

The problem if I cut an inch or so again from each end I will run out of the required length and it will become shorter espceially for the return line.
Complete Speedtech Subframe Kit,Speedtech Torque Arm, 9" Rearend from Strange, Wilwood Brakes, Minitubbed, Hotchkis Subframe Connectors, FIKSE FM5s