Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > EFI and Forced Induction
User Name
Password

Old 10-10-2016, 02:19 PM

Default Converting a Terminator EFI to HP EFI lsx

Posted this in Pro Touring too not

So I am in the process of part gathering for my LSX swap. Have quite a bit but still have a bit to go.... Would love to get the car with the Pontiac running right for next summer and not waste a bunch of money doing so. My biggest problem is the Holley 850 and my ignorance of it... So was thinking of doing a ricks tank and Terminator EFI. I know the Terminator ECU is the same as the HP for LSx. This way I have the ECU installed, wired, return line, II Much vent etc ready to go for the LSx.

So could I get the terminator for now and buy the ls1 and injector harness and convert it when the time is right?

Figure I could sell the TB for a couple of hundred to offset the cost. I've tried calling Holley but each time they say it is an hour wait time so call back later.

Thanks!
Old 10-10-2016, 05:46 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Yes. You may need to but the LS harness eventually as well, unless you want to modify the harness that comes with the Terminator. Personally I would just get a new harness, plug it into the HP ECU and run your LS...

Andrew
Old 10-10-2016, 06:29 PM

That's perfect I get that I'm going to be losing some money....but being able finally have a fun summer DRIVING through car is worth it! I just don't want to be doing everything twice if I can.

Looks like I need to post my gm computer and standalone ls harness in the for sale section!

Thanks!
Old 12-26-2016, 08:03 PM

I did an LSx Terminator conversion several yeas ago. In this particular case, we added the LSx coils and cam/crank inputs. We also added the remaining I/O which is not populated in the Terminator harness. If you have specific questions, ask away.
Old 12-27-2016, 09:35 AM

I have a terminator and wanting/thinking about doing ls intake/tb conversion as well. Is there really any performance advantage to doing this. I like my old school look and most poeple think its a carb when they see it.
1950 international l110
1993 mustang gt
Old 12-27-2016, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifi875 View Post
I have a terminator and wanting/thinking about doing ls intake/tb conversion as well. Is there really any performance advantage to doing this. I like my old school look and most poeple think its a carb when they see it.
I've done early small and big block TBI to MPFI conversions and have noted some power gain however, part is attributed to the "swapped over" manifold design. If your current manifold offers good distribution, I'd bet the conversion will net only marginal gains. Couple that with you linking of the "old school" look and I'd say your dough is probably better spent elsewhere.
Old 12-27-2016, 05:53 PM

70UglyBird, you may want to consider just running your Poncho with the Terminator TBI kit and building up the engine from there. Torker II intake manifold, Terminator TBI kit and PTFB drop base air cleaner is a pretty hot setup for the Poncho motors in a 70's Trans Am.

I have a '79 T/A 400 4spd and a '98 T/A LS1 myself...the old Pontiac engine is much easier to work on than late model LS engines. While LS motors are nice, there is a bit more complexity to DIS/CNP ignition, port injection, etc. They also cost a bit of money to get grafted into that engine bay.