Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Events > Track and Driving Events
User Name
Password

Old 10-12-2016, 12:50 AM

Mr./Mrs. Sieg,

We were disappointed to hear the news of your Miata acquisition. Your membership has been terminated effective immediately. Please return your official badge and wallet ID card to our home office.

Respectfully (although much less than previously),

Chuck Norris
President
Man Club

2004 NASA AIX Mustang LS2 #14
1964 Lincoln Continental
2014 4 tap Keezer
Old 10-12-2016, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
FRIDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHT!! LOL

Where else should we go -- that dump that $1 per plate Mexican dump Thwaits eats in?
Oh ... that was bad. Real bad. It was cool Thwaits was buying everyone dinner. Just a bad choice of restaurant if I can use that term.

Now Casa Ramos on the other hand. They have good, authentic Mexican food. Highly recommend anything they make with carnitas.

Old 10-12-2016, 01:56 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Sutton View Post
Oh ... that was bad. Real bad. It was cool Thwaits was buying everyone dinner. Just a bad choice of restaurant if I can use that term.

Now Casa Ramos on the other hand. They have good, authentic Mexican food. Highly recommend anything they make with carnitas.

I still chuckle to myself when I think about that little "mix up". LOL

For those that don't understand --- the town is rather "small". We told Thwaits to meet us at the Mexican restaurant..... thinking that everyone knows Casa Ramos! But no....... he finds this terrible little dive directly across the street from the hotel (which I'd never noticed was even there!).... and it's like $2 a plate - styrofoam plates - and plastic silverware..... and well.... it was cheap for him to feed his crew that night. My apologies to the crew.
Old 10-13-2016, 01:05 PM

Default Thunderhill

Weather was perfect this past Monday
Was there with Checkered flag racing on
the modified 5.1 course.. clutch slave
was heading south but I managed to run
5- 30 minute sessions with the Pantera
and a clutch on the floor.. some of the 4th
to 3rd shifts took just a moment longer but all good

We usually go to dinner past thunderhill towards the west
about 15 miles to a little lodge with hunters, etc.. Elkhorn or something like that
Hit the stop sign and turn left go a mile or so and it
is on the right.. does not look like much but great
Steaks, salid bar, baked potato, deserts, etc

Have a great time.. remember running the cars in the
rain is a hell of a lot better than working

Bob
Old 10-16-2016, 10:32 PM

Great time on Saturday rain stayed away up until the last session!

It makes the 7 hour drive in the rain, the long week at work all worth it.

Who's in for Laguna!
Old 10-16-2016, 11:04 PM

Good weekend buddy!! Glad you came out.... ran your car - and even managed to have lunch with "us". (sorry for you).

Even with the rains and wind and colder weather ------ the weekend managed to turn out great!

I accidentally ran into the track CEO and kind of jokingly asked if they were still sold out on the shop spaces.... and he said "as a matter of fact we have 2 or 3 open for rent"! I said ----- I'll take one -- show me 'em. I have space #21 right down buy the fuel station and facing the skid pad. I'm THRILLED!!! You can park a whole 24' trailer inside!! It's about 40' deep. So the Lotus is happily sitting at a race track now!

It was a tremendous amount of EFFORT for Bob Braga and my brother in law Rudy to bring my car all the way down from Portland for me. I can't thank them enough! That's a long round trip when all you're going to get to do is hang out and watch others have a good time. So I really appreciate them!
Old 10-17-2016, 08:33 PM

It was good seeing you out there, Greg. We both failed to have cars that adequately represent this crowd, but it was a pretty damn good track day on Saturday--I got four sessions down before lunch, without incident (aside from the incidentally slow cop car). Get us some pictures from DirtFish!
Old 10-17-2016, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustomatic View Post
It was good seeing you out there, Greg. We both failed to have cars that adequately represent this crowd, but it was a pretty damn good track day on Saturday--I got four sessions down before lunch, without incident (aside from the incidentally slow cop car). Get us some pictures from DirtFish!

Glad to see you Paul!! Love the cop car!!! Seeing it on track was just a hoot!

As you know we packed up and bagged it.... and then we split Sunday morning after going out to the track to see what was going on... and to give Sieg some additional "support" (spelled C R A P).
Old 10-17-2016, 10:37 PM

OK, try not to fall asleep. Stimulants might be advisable. They ended up grouping Red+ and Green groups together which was great for driver predictability but a little intimidating as I was probably spotting the next lowest hp car in the field a 145+ hp (Greg's Lotus that's 800 lbs lighter) vs the Miata's 116 hp and 2300 lbs. As it worked out I ended up with the most clean run time of any track day I've ever ran in a car, which was great for working on techniques. And, I didn't have to worry about passing sound.....or passing anyone unless they broke down or went off.

Old 10-18-2016, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
Good weekend buddy!! Glad you came out.... ran your car - and even managed to have lunch with "us". (sorry for you).

Even with the rains and wind and colder weather ------ the weekend managed to turn out great!

I accidentally ran into the track CEO and kind of jokingly asked if they were still sold out on the shop spaces.... and he said "as a matter of fact we have 2 or 3 open for rent"! I said ----- I'll take one -- show me 'em. I have space #21 right down buy the fuel station and facing the skid pad. I'm THRILLED!!! You can park a whole 24' trailer inside!! It's about 40' deep. So the Lotus is happily sitting at a race track now!

It was a tremendous amount of EFFORT for Bob Braga and my brother in law Rudy to bring my car all the way down from Portland for me. I can't thank them enough! That's a long round trip when all you're going to get to do is hang out and watch others have a good time. So I really appreciate them!
Hey Greg no problem. I'm always willing to help a friend, especially when its to stop a sale of a race car and to get it back to its owner.LOL
I'll have a car on the track in 2017. The adventure is about hanging out with friends and the camaraderie that this message board has given us all.

Bob

P.S. I need to change my avatar pic now, you have the car back and kicking cancers ass.