Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 05-05-2010, 01:33 AM
Supporting Member

Default Project, "She Devil"

To all:

Finally, with the help of Ben Hermance, and Jake Parrott, I think we have enough of what we need to get the project started officially.

Concept/Story:

She's a natural beauty with graceful classic lines. Driven to Hell, to become a Devil on the, "Trans Am", Race Tracks of the Past. She continues Evolving through the Nurturing of Modern Performance Engineering, and the Harsh Environment of High Stress Competition.

"Bettie", as I've decided her pet name to be, is based on the Similarities these two share by way of Images I've seen, and the stories I've read of the famous Pin Up, "Bettie Page".

There were a number of things about this car that have been 30 years in the making. I had a 1969 Camaro in High School, and before I had finished with it, I had to sell it to go to College. I really needed the Money, and I was able to get $4800 for it to start College. That was in 1980, and a LOT of Money for a '69 Camaro back then.

Since then, Technology has taken a Quantum Leap forward in Aerodynamic Design, Chassis and Suspension Technology, and the Drivetrain Choices that are available. All this, and the "Pro Touring" building style being developed has made my goal to encompass as many of these developments as I could, while retaining a nice driving Street Legal Car.

This has become a Labor of Love, regardless of the industry Norms, and the Mainstream Accepted Trends it might upset.

Chassis and Suspension: JRS Apex C6 Front Subframe, DSE Subframe connectors, JRS Modified Lateral Dynamics 3-Link

The chassis is composed of one aftermarket front Subframe from Jakes Rod Shop. "JRS Apex C6 Subframe" It is connected via DSE Subframe connectors and a 12 point Roll Cage, to a very modified rear subframe. Two Firewalls, (One fore/One Aft)

Weight Jacks on all 4 Corners

The JRS Apex C6 Subframe Suspension will consist of upgraded C6 Corvette Components. The rear will be modified for a more performance oriented Lateral Dynamics 3 link Suspension.

Genesis Cockpit Adjustable Front and Rear Sway Bars

Front: Penske 8300 Double Adjustable Shocks

Rear: Spax Double Adjustable Shocks

======================================

DriveTrain: Mast Motorsports LS-3 427 SS, Keisler R/T-56 6 Speed Dogbox, Strange 9 inch Housing, Nodular Iron Center Section, Tru-Trac posi unit with 3.89:1 Gears

Car Exterior Cooling System(s)

Radiator Brand TBA, Fan Mark VIII

Oil Coolers for the Engine, Gear Box, and Rear End will be used to help components last with the Belly Pan

Front and Rear Brakes will be Ducted

Brakes:

Front: Wilwood 6 Pot Calipers, 13 inch two piece Rotors.

Rear: Wilwood 4 Pot Calipers with Parking Brake, 13 inch two piece Rotors

Wilwood: Proportioning Valve

Body and Modifications:

Body Year: A 1969 Camaro Base, with 1970 Camaro Top, and with the "A" Pillar leaned in an Additional + 4* Hopefully this will Help clean up the Aerodynamics, and still use only parts that were being sold as "NEW" during the same year. (ie. Some 1969 Camaro's were sold into the Early part of the 1970 Year, as the 2nd Generation Camaro's were not ready yet with the newer Body Style. There were places that sold the second Generation Camaro's as the "1970 1/2" models, with the 1969 Models being sold initially as 1970 models.) Since this was the case, we took and blended the two years together to enhance Performance and Styling and to build a true 1970 1/2 Camaro.

Body Materials: Steel, Fiberglass, Carbon Fiber, Aluminum

Body Additions: Adjustable Dive Plane (Canards), Adjustable Splitter, Adjustable Spoiler, Diffusor

Lower Body Pan: Full Belly pan with wind vanes and Tunnels

Mirrors: Talbot 4 inch, Brushed Aluminum

Some Body Features will be altered or removable, depending on type of driving being done.

Due to using the Belly Pan, a number of Vents will be used to evacuate Hot Air out of the Engine Compartment. (Placement in Rendering is approximate location)

Will Try and Create a True "Ground Effects" car, By Shaping the Underside, and the Exterior for Decreased Lift and Wind Turbulence, and Increased Down force and Stability.

Tow Hooks Front and Rear

Interior:

Recaro Topline "Style" Seats. Full Leather with Heating and Cooling.

"Cool Suit" Hook Up's and Controls with Cooler, for Track Days

Two Person intercom installed

Vintage Air

3 Section FIre Systems

Modified Sparco Steering Wheel w/ Control Panel Added

Extra Wide Rear View Mirror

=======================================

Wiring: "Isis"

Wheels/Tires: (One Set will be for Wet/Dry, the other for Dry Only)

Front: 17X10 PS Engineering, "T/A II", aka "Mini-Lites", with 285 mm or Larger Depending on Fender Modification.

Rear: 17X12 PS Engineering, "T/A II", aka "Mini-Lites", with 315-335 Tire Brand TBA

Front: 17X10 Kenesis 3-Piece Wheels 285mm

Rear 17X11 Kenesis 3-Piece Wheels 315mm

There are many things I'm sure I have forgotten. As things start to come together, I would enjoy answering (Or at least Trying to Answer) any questions you might have. It will take a while, but we are getting things pretty planned out. Most things are sourced, the logistics are coming together, however there are still plenty of hurtles.

Jake Parrott, Ben Hermance, and myself have been working on this project already for a number of months. Due to the many Design elements it has taken a while to get them resolved. Ben has been a huge help cyphering my unintentional cryptic directions and notes.

I feel confident that Jake will do a terrific job on this project, and help make these ideas into something Beautiful. We should have plenty of pictures.

I truly welcome ANY and ALL Comments on this Build. Both Pro and Con, along with your reasons. I am very interested in your thoughts.

Take care and thanks for reading.

Sincerely,

Ty O'Neal
Attached Images

Ty O'Neal
"She Devil" aka. Betty
1969/70 Camaro SS
427 LS3, 600
Keisler Road and Track T-56
Full size 3 link and custom roll cage
315mm tires on rear, should fit the same on front. Worked to design a more effective shape.
======================
"Chester's '65"
1965 Buick Riviera
Aiming for true PT Status with
the best available from the 70's and 80's
======================
Old 05-05-2010, 04:05 AM

holy shi* ty, that car is gonna be out of this world!i had no idea your project was gonna be that intense.

1970 1/2 rs z28...pro-touring?...i wish...soon?
Old 05-05-2010, 04:53 AM

Subscribing...interesting ideas. Looking forward to seeing some progress.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:24 AM

LOVE it!
Hoodpins.com, Inland Empire Driveline, Billet Accessories Direct, Modo Innovations, AutoRad Radiators, Morris Classic Concepts, Marquez Design, Anvil Auto, Fesler Billet, US Collision (DOOM), AGR, Pro-touringF-body.com, Phoenix Transmission Products, Shiftworks, ACC Carpet, Hedman Hedders, BMR Fabrication, American Autowire, MityMounts, TIN INDIAN Performance, Kauffman Racing Equipment, Pypes, RobbMc Performance, WMC, Holley, NOS, PST
Old 05-05-2010, 11:39 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thumbs up

Very nice Ty!!!!
Nice rendering Ben!
Old 05-05-2010, 12:10 PM
Lateral-g Moderator

Dang! That thing is awesome looking! This will be a good one to watch be built and then watch run the courses!!

Now post up a better copy of that rendering so I can save it to my screen saver.

NO ONE IS COMING. IT'S UP TO US.

http://www.navysealfoundation.org/
Old 05-05-2010, 02:21 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Awesome rendering and project. You've got great people working on it and its well planned out. This will be fun to watch it come together. Good Luck with it.

Old 05-05-2010, 09:47 PM

That is a very cool project, I love the body designs to the rear! Do you have a timeline for this car on completion?
Old 05-05-2010, 10:16 PM

HMMM a couple similarities, but the "AMX" roof is definitely thinking outside the box.

Last edited by nvr2fst; 05-06-2010 at 07:14 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-06-2010, 12:06 AM

very nice Ty, you are in good hands and hope to see more of this project.

vince

Dealer for
ACCUAIR rideheight control systems
ENTROPY RADIATORS XXX radiators for your pro-touring vehicle
FORGELINE MOTORSPORTS Highline custom 3 piece wheels
WEGNER AUTOMOTIVE Custom engines and LSX drive systems
SPEEDTECH PERFORMANCE Bay Area stocking dealer

NEVER FORGET -11