Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 04-27-2017, 06:06 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

OMG !!!!!!!!!!! How much longer!!!!! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-27-2017, 07:40 PM

Thanked 1,077 Times in 385 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOM View Post
OMG !!!!!!!!!!! How much longer!!!!! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a leaf blower..... it runs just as good as a lot of the stuff around here. LOL

When you get sick and try to die during a hot rod build -- it tends to muck up the works a bit. Think I'll see if I can paint it myself....
Old 04-27-2017, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteracer View Post
Greg,
Like you said keep on going.. tear em up at
the track or range or whatever
I was going thru my desk drawer and found something
I put there years ago

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in
a well preserved body but rather to Skid in sideways
totally worn out shouting Holly... what a ride"

I have rode dirt bikes, worked hard building things
tearing my body up in every way... now my back is an issue
and it is hard to walk but I still crawl under my cars
and lift tires.. just more slowly.. thankfully no bad
things like you have gone thru

Someone asked me would I do it all over again if I knew
where I would be today.. my answer was in a heart beat

Good to see you are still going at it hard

Bob

Life is one of those things you just have ZERO clue where it's going.... it's kinda like a river -- just winds where it wants to go. You think you have control - but you really don't. Get a big inner tube and enjoy it.
Old 04-27-2017, 08:22 PM

Thanked 1,309 Times in 492 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
I have a leaf blower..... it runs just as good as a lot of the stuff around here. LOL

When you get sick and try to die during a hot rod build -- it tends to muck up the works a bit. Think I'll see if I can paint it myself....

Ill paint it ............
Old 04-27-2017, 09:32 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,455 Times in 629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clill View Post
Ill paint it ............

PAST CAR PROJECTS

Like Lateral-G on Facebook!

Follow Lateral-G on Instagram!

SPECIAL THANKS TO:
Jacob Ehlers and Amsoil for the lubricants and degreasers for my 70 Chevelle project
Shannon at Modo Innovations for the cool billet DBW bracket
Roadster Shop for their Chevelle SPEC Chassis
Dakota Digital for their Chevelle HDX Gauge Package
Painless Performance for their wiring harness

Ron Davis Radiators for their radiator and fan assembly.
Baer Brakes for their front and rear brakes

Texas Speed and Performance for their 427 LS Stroker
American Powertrain for their ProFit Magnum T56 kit
Currie Enterprises for their 9" Third Member
Forgeline for their GF3 Wheels
McLeod Racing for their RXT street twin clutch
Ididit for their steering column
Holley for their EFI and engine parts
Lokar and Clayton Machine for their pedals and door and window handles
Morris Classic Concepts for their 3 point belts and side mirrors
Thermotec for their heat sleeve and sound deadening products
Restomod Air for their Tru Mod A/C kit
Mightymouse Solutions for their catch can
Magnaflow for their 3" exhaust system
Aeromotive for their dual Phantom fuel system
Vintage Air for their new Mid Mount LS front drive
Hydratech Braking for their hydroboost system
Borgeson for their stainless steering shaft and u joints
Eddie Motorsports for their hood and trunk hinges and misc parts
TMI Products for their seats, door panels, and dash pad
Rock Valley Antique Auto Parts for their stainless fuel tank
Old 04-27-2017, 09:57 PM

Quote:

OOOHHH that hurt!
Old 04-29-2017, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOM View Post
OOOHHH that hurt!

Love ya buddy! LOL

You been putting miles on that Ridler car of yours?????
Old 04-30-2017, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Life is one of those things you just have ZERO clue where it's going.... it's kinda like a river -- just winds where it wants to go. You think you have control - but you really don't. Get a big inner tube and enjoy it.
I love this Greg. Life is what it is, and we just have to roll with what we are dealt. You have, and still continue, to live and amazing life. Yes some changes have been made, and some thinning of your heard, but all in all from what I see you are still doing well. Continue on. While we have never, and most likely won't ever meet, I feel like I live vicariously through you when you show all your experiences, booth good and bad.

Thank you Greg.

1955 Chevy BelAir
1951 Chevy 3100
1987 Chevy R10

Glenn
Old 04-30-2017, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss 5.0 View Post
I love this Greg. Life is what it is, and we just have to roll with what we are dealt. You have, and still continue, to live and amazing life. Yes some changes have been made, and some thinning of your heard, but all in all from what I see you are still doing well. Continue on. While we have never, and most likely won't ever meet, I feel like I live vicariously through you when you show all your experiences, booth good and bad.

Thank you Greg.

Thanks for the kind words Glenn!

I have been extremely fortunate in my lifetime. I was trying to explain to a buddy here (just got out of rehab - and I haven't had a drink for 33 years now) -- about all the people that mentored me - or that shared with me - or that took me under their wing and gave me a chance. Not because of booze etc -- but that just were there and helped me along. I tried to explain "luck" - and that you had to put yourself in a position to get lucky.... take risk... etc. But really -- basically about LIVING and moving forward. There seems to be various STAGES of life.... and we just need to move thru and WITH those stages. We don't know what stage our life is going to be in next year... we don't foresee the future. It's a moving target -- you can move with it or you can freeze up and sit around wishing all was different somehow. F that.

Like I used to tell Rudy (my Brother in Law) -- if you're going to build a car -- then you start by picking up a tool and doing something with it. You've got to do that EVERY DAY.... or they don't get built. Dream, or DO. I like to DO.

I don't have some of the cars - I don't have hardly any tools (one big box is all)... Who cares! That was then and this is now. Yesterday I went to the range with 4 other friends (all new within this last year or so) at 10AM -- We left there when they closed at 5:30. When we were leaving - we discussed NEXT WEEKEND and that we needed to get together after these Saturdays and break some bread.... so we laid plans for that. THAT my friends is good stuff. Spending the day - regardless of what you're doing as an activity - do it with friends and or family.

The new hobby -- long range precision shooting, or just shooting in general -- is every bit as satisfying as the old (building car stuff). It's neither better nor worse because it's very similar.... it's mechanical stuff - it requires some skills - and it's being done with others with similar interests. DONE. Good enough. I'm not hanging around wishin' I could have what I had last year. Last year is gone and in the history book of great memories. Now I'm building new ones.

By the way --- if you don't think there are any skills to garner in some new hobby because you were good at your old one.... HA! Then you need to stretch your hobby to a point where you need to get instructors involved or something to keep your interest level up. Jake (new friend who is only 25 years old - doesn't matter that I'm damn near 40 years older than him) was the state clay shooting champion.... but the long range stuff is new to him. He has mad skills behind a shotgun -- but is learning new skills banging steel at 1400 yards. It's a COMPLETELY different set of skills and knowledge.... Try as he might - using my equipment he couldn't get 'er done.... I was spotting for him (takes two to shoot at these distances - think sniper style and not in a killing way - but you need to see where your point of impact was - read the wind - adjust etc) -- then I jokingly said -- okay if you can't get it done with a box and a half of ammo -- let me show you.... "The old man" sat down and in 8 rounds put three hits on it (two in a row on a challenge of "I bet you can't hit it three times in a row!). It's not one bit different than when we "race" or we challenge each other about horsepower - or how long of a "scratch" we can lay.... or whatever.

Life is what you make of it and it's best done with wide open eyes that are game to seek what's out there. The FUN is the learning and the doing. If you suck at plumbing your car -- watch some videos -- read some articles -- get some scrap and find someone to show you some tricks - my guess is -- you (you is everyone) have some skills they'd like to learn... or just like spending a day doing ****. Next thing you know - you're plumbing your buddies car because you actually gained some knowledge and some skills at something you used to SUCK at. LOL

Now - get out there and pick up a tool (in other words - get out there and do SOMETHING besides watching TV)......

Last edited by GregWeld; 04-30-2017 at 07:48 AM.
Old 04-30-2017, 09:25 AM

Thanked 1,309 Times in 492 Posts

God that was a long winded read. I gotta go take a nap now.