Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Vendor Specific Technical Discussions and Support > Ron Sutton Race Technology - Suspension, Brakes, Safety, Aero, Powertrain & More
User Name
Password

Unread 03-09-2017, 12:33 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Default Ron Sutton Suspension Workshop Tour - NEW TOPIC for 2017

The 7 Secrets of ADVANCED Suspension Set-Up & Tuning
Ron Sutton Workshop Tour 2017

(For Autocross, Track Day & Pro-Touring Cars)

Presented by

What is this?
Ron Sutton Suspension Workshop - NEW TOPIC for 2017
• Ron Shares His 38 Years of Race Winning Experience in a Fun, Full Day Workshop
• You'll Learn Simple, Straight Forward ... but Very Advanced Tuning Methods ... to Achieve Optimum Handling from Any Car !
• You Will Dramatically Improve Your Suspension Setup Knowledge & Tuning Skills
• Open Q&A with Ron Sutton During Workshop to Discuss Your Car !
• Open Q&A with Key Manufacturer Reps During Workshop Round Table
• Including: Suspension, Brakes, Shocks, Wheels & Data Acquisition Q&A with Ron Sutton During Workshop
• Money Back Guarantee / Every Workshop Last Year SOLD OUT! / Get Your Tickets Early or Miss Out!

The 7 Secrets of ADVANCED Suspension Set-Up & Tuning Workshop:
Is an easy to understand layer-by-layer education, in plain English, of how to
make a car fast & handle optimum regardless of car, driver or track condition.

Using many visual aids in the workshop, Ron shares:
1. The 4 Key Factors to Better Tuning Decisions from a Racing Professional
2. Master What to Tune, When & Why … and What Not to Tune, When & Why!
3. Pro-Level, Winning Tuning Tips & Tools You Can Master & Use
4. Learn the Proven Strategies to Balance the Handling on Any Car
5. Cutting Edge Secrets to Amazing Grip, Corner Speeds & Dominant Performance
6. The Dynamics of Tires, Shocks & Aerodynamics Made Simple & Clear
7. Take the Mystery out of Tuning Your Car for ANY Track & Conditions

Why Attend:
• 8 Out of 10 Autocross & Track Day Cars Struggle Due to Lack of Proper Set-up
• Make Your Car a Mean Handling, Stopping, “Fun-to-Drive” Machine
• Quit “Trial & Error Tuning” - Learn Exactly How to Make Your Car Handle Better
• Cure Frustrating Handling & Braking to Have More Fun Driving Experiences
• Stop “Just Doing OK” & Become Quicker, More Competitive at Track Events
• Learn How to Outsmart the Competition … Not Outspend Them!
• Get the Most Performance Out of Your Car & the Most Fun Out of Your Track Days

Each Workshop Participant receives:
  • Course Workbook for Notes
  • Sample Set-Up Sheets
  • Sample Run Data Sheets
  • Black T-shirt with Full Color Graphics in Your Size
  • Bag of Goodies Provided by Workshop Partners
  • 4-Course Catered Lunch
  • A lot of real world, helpful knowledge in a fun day !

Who is Workshop For:
• Guys & Gals with G-Machines & Pro-Touring Cars & Trucks
• Autocross Participants - from Amateur to Hard Core
• Track Day Participants - from HPDE to Optima/USCA Competitors
• Guys & Gals with Road Course Track Cars for Fun or Competition
• DIY Car Builders
• Driver/Owners/Tuners
• Professional Car Builders
• Sportsman Racers – Yup!
• Pro Racers – Probably Not

Speaker - Ron Sutton:
Skip this if you know my background. I’ve been racing for 38 years in 80+ classes of racing, most professionally, including drag, road course, karts & oval track. From low powered Formula Fords & F2000 cars to Mountain Motor drag racing … Midgets, Sprint Cars, Super Modifieds … to Trans Am/GT road race cars, Modifieds, Late Models & NASCAR Stock Cars. I’ve had the good fortune to work with & learn from winning pro teams & smart people in SCCA, USAC, SRL, NHRA, IHRA, IMSA, Camel GT, Indycar, Grand Am & NASCAR. Most of my modern experience is designing winning cars for road racing & oval track. The last 3 years, I have designed winning chassis & suspensions for autocross competitors.

I’ve built 205 cars for clients “hands on” as they say. Specifically, 64 tube chassis cars & 140+ sportsman race cars. I’ve had a chassis shop, parts store, track stores & engine R&D over the years. I’ve owned 79 race cars myself, including 9 full time race teams up until 2012. Most years I was at the track 3-4 days a week, 40+ weeks out of the year. As a driver, team owner, crew chief or driver coach I have 498 wins & 22 championships. I live & breathe competition, and I believe winning comes from doing your homework, testing, working hard, testing more, learning from books, classes & mentors … and testing more. I’m not the smartest guy at the track, but when he goes home I’m still there testing & learning. I figure I have 2500+ days of track testing under my belt.

I’m not an engineer. I’ve worked for them, with them & had several work for me … but we’re from different planets. One of my friends said, “Ron is a race car designer that did not go to engineering school, so he speaks car guy.” I’m a veteran car guy committed to staying on the leading edge of performance & racing technology. I like to think I’m pretty knowledgeable in my areas of expertise … but I learn every week, if not every day.

Speaking Style:
You may be surprised to know I’ve done hundreds of racing workshops in different genres. While I don’t claim to be a rock star, many people have said I’m pretty good at making technical learning engaging, fun & very interesting. I keep the workshop on track, but I’m not giving some rehearsed speech standing behind a podium. I’m moving around, talking with my participants, sharing stories, the occasional bad joke, discussing real world examples & answering questions right then, not later at the end.

Key Point:
I never sell in a workshop. Never. I educate. Even if I love a product, I don’t sell anyone. That’s just not my style. No one sells or “pitches” any products in my workshops. If you attend my workshop, you will walk away with valuable, powerful information you understand to help make your car handle better & more fun to drive. I guarantee it.

Workshops Near 5 Big Events:
  1. April 22nd, Saturday, at Ridetech HQ in Jasper, IN / Before Cars & Cones Autocross Tour
  2. July 6th, Thursday, in Columbus, OH / Before the Good Guys Event
  3. Sept 28th, Thursday, in Ft Worth, TX / Before the Good Guys Event
  4. Oct 19th, Thursday, in Charlotte, NC / Before the Good Guys Event
  5. Nov 1st, Wednesday, in Las Vegas / During SEMA & Before the Optima Invitational

Where & When:
The first Workshop is being held at Ridetech's HQ in Jasper, Indiana. The other workshop locations will be at a hotel conference room near each event. Hours are 8:00 am – 5:30 pm with three breaks & a lunch break. We’ll serve coffee & drinks throughout the day. A nice catered lunch will be served to all workshop participants, so you don’t need to leave. Hotel information will be provided with your workshop ticket.

- More Details in next Post

Ron Sutton

After racing 35 years, I have refocused "Ron Sutton Race Technology" to bring modern, cutting edge suspension, brakes, aero & powertrain to serious Pro-Touring, Autocross & Track Cars. I offer affordable tech services, chassis design, consulting & track support ... 600 brands of parts ... & Track/Street Warrior cars in stages from "Build Your Own" to "Rolling Chassis" & "Turn Key."

www.RonSuttonRaceTechnology.com
Unread 03-09-2017, 12:39 PM

Workshop Ticket Sales:
Seminars at this high level typically cost $1000-$1500. Due to the MANY Workshop Partners like Ridetech helping put on the Ron Sutton Workshop Tour 2017 … the ticket prices are a BARGAIN at only $349 each, sold in advance only. Tickets go on sale March 9th at my website HERE.

My Goals for You:
If you come spend a day with me & my workshop partners, I am committed to making it fun … highly educational … more than worth your money … and worth every minute of your time. I don’t hold any secrets back. You will learn how to make your car handle & stop better … be quicker … and have a more fun car to drive … guaranteed.

It’s OK to be Skeptical:
I offer a 100% No-Nonsense Guarantee. If you are not happy with the knowledge you gain, your experience or your results, I will refund your money ... 100% ... on the spot. And ... up to a year! Yes, you have a year to use the knowledge you gain. If you are not happy and satisfied, I will refund your money.

I’m OLD … Don’t Miss This Opportunity:
* I have a five year plan that includes teaching a different topic each of the 5 years.
* I am conducting this powerful workshop topic ONE YEAR … THIS YEAR.
* I’m doing the same topic in five cities for 2017. That’s it.
* I won’t be offering this topic again … for the next three years … maybe ever.

2015: The 7 Secrets of Suspension Set-up & Tuning - DONE! - Every Workshop SOLD OUT!
2016: The 7 Secrets for Suspension Mapping, Set-Ups & Track Tuning - DONE! - Every Workshop SOLD OUT!
2017: The 7 Secrets of Advanced Suspension Set-up & Tuning - This Year !

2018: The 7 Secrets of Total Performance: Chassis Design, Brakes, Aero & Powertrain
2019: The 7 Secrets of Winning - Optimizing Car & Driver

I hope you’ll join me for all of them. But if you miss one any year … there are no “do overs” or “come back tour” planned.

Questions:
Email me at Ron@RonSuttonRaceTechnology.com

Tickets: Go HERE.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For more information on Ridetech Products:
Phone: (812) 481-4787
Shop: 350 S. St. Charles Street, Jasper, Indiana, 47546
Email: sales@ridetech.com

For more information on Ron Sutton Race Technology:
Phone: (844) 722-3832
Email: Ron@RonSuttonRaceTechnology.com

Ron Sutton

After racing 35 years, I have refocused "Ron Sutton Race Technology" to bring modern, cutting edge suspension, brakes, aero & powertrain to serious Pro-Touring, Autocross & Track Cars. I offer affordable tech services, chassis design, consulting & track support ... 600 brands of parts ... & Track/Street Warrior cars in stages from "Build Your Own" to "Rolling Chassis" & "Turn Key."

Unread 03-14-2017, 02:16 PM

I have attended Ron's workshop for the past 2 years. I really enjoyed both workshops. Ron is very good at explaining sometimes complex topics related to suspension tuning. The amount of knowledge I gained from these workshops is invaluable. The workshops are small enough in size that I was able to ask Ron every single question that popped into my head. I thought I knew a lot about suspension tuning before I took this class.... I was wrong. If you want to really understand how professional race teams build and tune suspension systems then this workshop is for you. I was able to take home what I learned and apply it to my pro touring 1970 Firebird build. I highly recommend this workshop.

-John Woods
Atlanta, Ga.
Unread 03-16-2017, 03:02 PM

I've attended Ron's 2 workshops at Las Vegas and will again this year. Over the years I have built up a Library of books I can refer to, but they are long on theory and too short on how to apply those theories to a real street/autox car. Ron's Seminars showed me how to apply the theory, avoid pitfalls, and gave me actual target numbers to set the car up. Ron is the only one spelling it out in plain English and handing you the tools to go faster.
Unread 03-21-2017, 06:50 AM

It's a dangerous landscape out there with so many parts makers trying to convince you that what they are selling is the best. If you aren't armed with knowledge when you map out the project then you are rolling the dice and merely hoping that it works out. When you work with Ron you are provided with a full arsenal of knowledge and you no longer need to hope that your project will turn out the way you want. I've learned so much from Ron that I was confident I was on the right path for the entire car setup before anything was purchased. And now that it is together Ron still stands beside you in setup and dialing it in. This year will be my 3rd year attending and I very much look forward to what I will pickup in Vegas later this year!
Unread 03-22-2017, 11:11 AM

I attended Ron's workshop last year in Las Vegas. What an awesome presentation. No matter what level of experience you have building a race car, Ron is able to speak in car guy terms that everyone can understand. I am involved in several types of motorsports and his information is useful in all of them. Look forward to attending again.
Unread 03-22-2017, 01:43 PM

I attended Ron's workshop last year in Vegas. I've been reading all of his threads for years. There were still a few concepts that I didn't fully understand. During the workshop Ron was great about answering questions and really making sure you understand all of the material. I can't wait to catch this years workshop. I'm sure my car wouldn't perform nearly as well as it does if it wasn't for his advice.
Unread 03-23-2017, 10:28 AM

Thanks for the kind words guys. Hope to see you at this year's workshop, which I feel is the best topic.

Guys & Gals ... if you haven't been, get your Workshop Seat today !

Questions: Email me at Ron@RonSuttonRaceTechnology.com

Tickets: Go HERE.

Ron Sutton

Last edited by Ron Sutton : 03-23-2017 at 10:32 AM.
Unread 03-23-2017, 10:34 AM

What to know what other Lat-G folks & friends say about the workshops ... go HERE.

Ron Sutton

Unread 03-23-2017, 08:20 PM

I also attended Ron's Las Vegas workshop last year and was very glad I did. So much in depth information covered in one day it was amazing, but never confusing, because Ron makes sure everybody is enjoying the experience and following along allowing an open dialogue. I am hoping to attend again this year to keep adding to my knowledge.

The only drawback to these workshops is now if I am underperforming in the car, everybody is going to know it's the driver. Lol