Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Chassis and Suspension
User Name
Password

Old 03-02-2015, 12:39 PM

Thanked 1,474 Times in 1,106 Posts
Default BMR Suspension Teams up with Essa Racing for 2015 Season

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

BMR Suspension Partners with Michael Essa for the 2015 Formula Drift Season

BMR Suspension is proud to announce its partnership with Michael Essa for the 2015 Formula D season. The 2013 Formula D Champion has decided to park his BMW in favor of a 2013 Chevrolet Camaro SS, and BMR will handle the suspension.

"When I went searching for suspension components to use on my new Formula Drift Camaro, BMR Suspension ended up on the top of my list,” explains Essa. “BMR builds well engineered, strong parts—everything I need to make my Camaro competitive in the high-strung world of competitive drifting."

The transition from street car to competitive drift car required a complete overhaul of the Fifth-Gen Camaro, and the build is well underway. With just 7-weeks to complete the build, Essa Autosports is in full thrash, preparing the Camaro for its Southern California debut. Essa will run BMR adjustable rear suspension components and adjustable sway bars, as well as bushings and engine mounts in his Formula D Camaro. The Camaro is currently torn down, and the Formula D-legal roll cage and drivetrain upgrades, along with several steering and suspension upgrades are being added. This is necessary to survive in the extreme world of drifting.

“BMR Suspension is proud to partner with Michael Essa and Essa Autosports for 2015,” comments Pete Epple, Marketing Tech at BMR Suspension. “We are excited to help Michael with his new Camaro, and we are looking forward to all of his upcoming success and hopefully another championship!”

The 2015 Formula D season kicks off on April 10, 2015 in Long Beach, California. You can watch Essa destroy some tires and the competition on the Formula D live feed, or keep an eye on BMR Suspension social media channels for updates.

If you’re interesting in seeing what goes into converting a stock Camaro SS into a full-blown Formula D monster, LSXTV.com will cover much of the build process. You’ll be able to see the installation and setup of the BMR Suspension components along with details on what makes it all work in the extreme world of drifting.

http://www.lsxtv.com/news/michael-es...-drift-season/

To preview all of BMR’s high-performance suspension parts, please visit www.bmrsuspension.com, email [email protected], or contact them at BMR Suspension, 928 Sligh Ave, Seffner, FL 33584, 813-986-9302, Fax: 813-986-8055.

Old 03-12-2015, 09:47 AM

Thanked 1,474 Times in 1,106 Posts

The Official Press Release from Essa Autosport

http://www.essaautosport.com/press-r...pdate-3112015/