Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Interior and Electrical
User Name
Password

Old 02-06-2015, 02:52 PM

Default Rebuild or buy?

I have a tilt column from my 69 Firebird track/road course project that I want rebuilt before I install it. does it make sense to ship it to you and get it redone, or should I just buy one that you already have done? How does a rebuilt column compare to a new IDIDIT unit? Also, can you modify it so that the steering doesn't lock out if the key has to be turned off while driving? Thanks.
Old 02-08-2015, 05:04 PM

it would be better to send yours in to get rebuilt, its 250.00 if there are no major broken parts inside, since you have one it would be better to send it in since they are getting so much harder to find, I can leave the lock pin out and everything will still work 100% only no steering lock,ididit does make a nice column but twice the price and not collapsible like stock, Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlwdvm View Post
I have a tilt column from my 69 Firebird track/road course project that I want rebuilt before I install it. does it make sense to ship it to you and get it redone, or should I just buy one that you already have done? How does a rebuilt column compare to a new IDIDIT unit? Also, can you modify it so that the steering doesn't lock out if the key has to be turned off while driving? Thanks.