Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 07-25-2016, 02:19 PM

Back to the drawing board I am swapping shops due to the shop have been using guess just forgot to work on my car. So am going to swap shops next week and hope to actually get this thing finished.

I have the car at another shop at the moment getting custom brake lines, fuel lines, power steering lines, and a/c lines all installed on the car. While I was there took some pics underneath of the car before it gets undercoated. Anyway learning that just buying one of these cars for sale on the site would of been a easier option. LOL I am not giving up though just yet.

Old 07-26-2016, 09:00 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Glad to see progress being made on the car. Hope you have smooth sailing ahead!

Current rides: 2000 BMW 540i/6 and 86 C10.

Former ride: 1979 Trans Am WS6: LT1/T56, Kore 3 C5/6 brakes, BMW 18in rims
Old 07-27-2016, 02:41 PM

Very nice! Will be following. and looking forward to updates!

Ms QuickTrick aka Tess
QuickTrick Media aka Gil
Old 07-27-2016, 06:36 PM

Default Angle of panhard bar

In the pictures above I can't tell if it is an optical illusion but it looks like the panhard bar is not level by a large amount. Does the bar have enough adjustment to get it level? From my limited knowledge on suspensions I think the location of the bar sets the rear roll center. If it is not level the car will roll different amounts for say a left corner compared to a right corner. I am just learning about suspensions so if I have this wrong please correct me.

Lance
Old 07-29-2016, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSSix View Post
Glad to see progress being made on the car. Hope you have smooth sailing ahead!
Thanks brother
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickTrick View Post
Very nice! Will be following. and looking forward to updates!
Thanks will try to keep pics posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get' er done View Post
In the pictures above I can't tell if it is an optical illusion but it looks like the panhard bar is not level by a large amount. Does the bar have enough adjustment to get it level? From my limited knowledge on suspensions I think the location of the bar sets the rear roll center. If it is not level the car will roll different amounts for say a left corner compared to a right corner. I am just learning about suspensions so if I have this wrong please correct me.

Lance
I am not sure what to say do know what a panhard bar is. LOL I know that the car has not had any suspension adjust just installed so we could move the car around.
Old 07-29-2016, 02:03 PM

It's the bar that run across the rear end diagonally. I would ask Speedtech if it is installed correctly. Looks like the bracket was installed to high. I could be wrong but looking at some of their gallery photos it is different. maybe its the angle of the photo. But like I said I would at least call them or PM Blake and see what he says.

72 Chevy Nova in pieces trying to rebulid this bucket of bolts (really just a labor of love)

Crew Chief's: Helping pilots get laid since 1947
Old 07-29-2016, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98ssnova View Post
It's the bar that run across the rear end diagonally. I would ask Speedtech if it is installed correctly. Looks like the bracket was installed to high. I could be wrong but looking at some of their gallery photos it is different. maybe its the angle of the photo. But like I said I would at least call them or PM Blake and see what he says.
Thanks for the advice I will do that for sure.
Old 07-30-2016, 07:43 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get' er done View Post

Lance
Good eye. You're correct. A panhard bar is to be level with the ground when the car is at ride height in order to prevent it from behaving differently going around right versus left turns. I hate to say it but it does look like something was installed wrong there. I don't see how it can be adjusted enough to get the bar level.

Current rides: 2000 BMW 540i/6 and 86 C10.

Former ride: 1979 Trans Am WS6: LT1/T56, Kore 3 C5/6 brakes, BMW 18in rims
Old 07-30-2016, 05:42 PM

I have the car at another shop now getting brake lines, fuel lines, a/c lines, and power steering lines installed and made. When I get it back to my new shop will get some better pictures and have him look at it. If it is installed wrong I know Rick will fix at Rick Stevens race cars by all means. Just my luck with this car been one thing after another. LOL
Old 07-30-2016, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicypop View Post
I have the car at another shop now getting brake lines, fuel lines, a/c lines, and power steering lines installed and made. When I get it back to my new shop will get some better pictures and have him look at it. If it is installed wrong I know Rick will fix at Rick Stevens race cars by all means. Just my luck with this car been one thing after another. LOL
Hopefully it is installed correctly but if not it's better to find out now with it fresh in your installers mind.
With myself on setbacks, I know I'm going to have them because I have never done this before. I will try to not have them but, I will manage and accept them when they happen so as not to take the fun out of it. What do they say "It's the journey not the destination". Or something like that. Anyways keep up the progress it's looking good.