Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 07-25-2016, 03:18 PM

Spoke with their customer support earlier today. They are shipping me the replacement parts now and I'm looking forward to checking this off the list!
Old 07-25-2016, 10:05 PM

Hate to hear about all the problems you're having with parts not working out or needing to be replaced. But on the other hand it's nice ce to know I'm not the only one.

I love those Wilwood hubs, it's a shame to cover them up.

And by the way, just ran a not the same issue with valve stem interference just this week....
Old 07-26-2016, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomin View Post
Hate to hear about all the problems you're having with parts not working out or needing to be replaced. But on the other hand it's nice ce to know I'm not the only one.

I love those Wilwood hubs, it's a shame to cover them up.

And by the way, just ran a not the same issue with valve stem interference just this week....
All part of building a custom car. I've had pretty good experiences with most stuff. And the vendors are generally very helpful in getting the changes made to help get it done. Sometimes it's my own fault because I will change my mind after I see something on the car. Pypes was very helpful and once they saw how far back the crossmember is with a T-56 Magnum, they agreed I should cut the long runs and they are sending me two short pieces to fit up front. Great folks to work with. I was already considering putting in electric x-pipe cutouts and now by moving this back a foot they would fit perfectly I think. For now, I'll use the 1 foot extensions Pypes is sending.

What are you doing for your valve stems? Just the end is hitting so I'll get something shorter I hope that will work.
Old 07-26-2016, 01:36 PM

There's a couple options. One is a half-height stem which measures 3/4" from the outer wheel surface to the end.

Second is a button type valve which is a bump maybe 1/8" high which will definitely solve the problem but it's a pita to use. You have to unscrew the cap (button) and screw in a valve stem to adjust pressure. The screw in valve stems are small and are easy to misplace, but they do work.

Both are available at Jegs/Summit
Old 07-26-2016, 02:18 PM

Looks like I need to take some measurements tonight on the valve stem. It Just clips the top of the caliper at the front and in the bar across the middle and again at the back, so slowly roating the tire I can hear three distinct clicks as it hit.

Working with Wilwood now and may go to a different caliper up front if I can work it out financially with them.
Old 07-26-2016, 09:29 PM

Ihad a similar problem with valve stem in Rushforths hitting calipers on 14" Baers. Luckily I checked before having tires mounted. I used the 3/4" metal valve stems. Think I got them from Speedway.

70 Firebird Esprit, 400 TA clone type "The 14 car"
lab-14.com
Old 07-28-2016, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOT A TA View Post
Ihad a similar problem with valve stem in Rushforths hitting calipers on 14" Baers. Luckily I checked before having tires mounted. I used the 3/4" metal valve stems. Think I got them from Speedway.
I'll give them a shot when I get it close. Going to work on installing your braces this weekend. Still haven't been able to get Dave on the phone to get the lower control arms ETA. I was trying to do all of that at the same time I replaced them but who knows when that will be....
Old 07-29-2016, 04:16 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Those wheels... Yes!
Old 08-02-2016, 02:29 PM

I'm out of town for the week but I got the exhaust in, with the exception of one small pipe that was missing. It really turned out nice. Took a few of the motor as well just for fun...

Old 08-02-2016, 08:15 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

We are big fans of those wheels. How big is the dish on the 12s?