Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 10-23-2012, 03:46 PM

Default 66 Chevy II - II Much fuel and diff vent install

After what seems like an eternity in my preparation for the OUSCI, I finally found time to install my II Much fuel and diff vents.

Here is a brief rundown of the issue that I was having. I have been using the stock tank and sending unit and hard right turn would fill the fuel filler neck with fuel and dump it out the vent at the top, and like everyone else with an old school tank vented to the atmosphere, I had a faint fuel smell in may garage all of the time.

I got a new sending unit with return line provision with the intent of using it for the vent. I installed the II Much vents as per the instructions. The only thing that I couldn't do was put them under the package tray in the raised portion of the trunk. I have a full stereo system in the car and that is where the sub box happens to be. My 2nd choice for vent location was behind the driver side rear wheel. This should be high enough to prevent any fuel siphoning and allow for drainage back into the tank. Preliminary testing is encouraging, no fuel dumping, and of course the faint fuel smell in my garage is gone.

I will try and get a couple pictures up soon. Running short of time before I leave Edmonton on Friday for Las Vegas.

Grant

http://www.chevyhiperformance.com/fe...ova/index.html