Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Introductions > Member/Project/Vehicle Introductions
User Name
Password

Old 04-23-2017, 12:01 PM

Default 63' falcon newbie

Well after talking to a few of my friends that are already on here I guess it's time to join the club. Cars a 63 falcon with a fuel injected 302. Live in Livermore California. Hoping to try and do some suspension upgrades. If I can scrounge the funds together... 😩 Also since I'm on my phone guess I can't upload photos easily.
Old 04-23-2017, 02:04 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-23-2017, 03:31 PM

I can't think of anyone in the Livermore area that knows anything about suspension or Falcons....well, other than the two guys that know the most about Falcons and making them handle!

Welcome to the site, Clark. The post car looks good and I'm really diggin the wheels, are you running an auto or manual?

Dan
Old 04-23-2017, 04:59 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Hey Dil, good to see you finally on here!! So far i use photobucket for uploading images, haven't figured out how to upload from the mobile yet....

Now, we gotta get Joe on here and egg him on to finish that c10....
Old 04-23-2017, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBasher View Post
I can't think of anyone in the Livermore area that knows anything about suspension or Falcons....well, other than the two guys that know the most about Falcons and making them handle!

Welcome to the site, Clark. The post car looks good and I'm really diggin the wheels, are you running an auto or manual?

Dan

Thanks Dan! And I'm currently running a t-5. But that's the plan is to hopefully make it handle soon!

Old 04-23-2017, 09:36 PM

D. Clark,

I have seen your car around town a couple times.

I assume you have seen my build thread:

https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=39876

The simple answer if you want your car to really handle is Mike Maier Inc. There are lots of other upgrades you can make that will improve handling if you don't want to jump in with both feet.

The first things I would recommend are: swaybar, shelby drop, power steering and then a coil over kit or good shocks and 620 springs.

Craig
Old 04-23-2017, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig510 View Post
D. Clark,

I have seen your car around town a couple times.

I assume you have seen my build thread:

https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=39876

The simple answer if you want your car to really handle is Mike Maier Inc. There are lots of other upgrades you can make that will improve handling if you don't want to jump in with both feet.

The first things I would recommend are: swaybar, shelby drop, power steering and then a coil over kit or good shocks and 620 springs.

Craig

Hey Craig! I've read and kept up on your thread for a while now. Even before I owned my car. Have spoken to mike a few times now. Having a hard time deciding wether to keep it leaf sprung and seeing if mikes pan hard bar would work. Would love to pick your brain sometime

Old 04-24-2017, 11:49 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Welcome to the site!

Current rides: 2000 BMW 540i/6 and 86 C10.

Former ride: 1979 Trans Am WS6: LT1/T56, Kore 3 C5/6 brakes, BMW 18in rims
Old 04-24-2017, 06:11 PM

Welcome to the site! Save yourself some money by just doing one part of your suspension at a time. Do the sway bar very last--these cars hate front sway bar (think snow plow). Figure out control arm geometry (positive caster/negative camber), and get some decent shocks (not KYB/Monroe). Test everything you do exhaustively before moving onto the next thing.

Maier's Panhard setup will work--I had the old version on my Falcon, back when it was a Ford. So long as you have leaf springs, it's the best thing you can do to the back of the car. You might want to decide on whether you want to go 4/3 link first, though, as it (Panhard) may not be re-usable (unless you build your own link setup to accommodate), and it's not cheap.

Do research.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustomatic View Post
Welcome to the site! Save yourself some money by just doing one part of your suspension at a time. Do the sway bar very last--these cars hate front sway bar (think snow plow). Figure out control arm geometry (positive caster/negative camber), and get some decent shocks (not KYB/Monroe). Test everything you do exhaustively before moving onto the next thing.

Maier's Panhard setup will work--I had the old version on my Falcon, back when it was a Ford. So long as you have leaf springs, it's the best thing you can do to the back of the car. You might want to decide on whether you want to go 4/3 link first, though, as it (Panhard) may not be re-usable (unless you build your own link setup to accommodate), and it's not cheap.

Do research.

Thanks! Yeah I've been bouncing back and fourth on wether I want a 4 link or three link. For the time being I think it's going to stay leaf sprung, do the Shelby drop up front and take baby steps as I go. Thanks for the incite!