Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 06-05-2017, 12:59 PM

Like the look of this project alot! Wish I would have kept my 68 charger, but my chevelle barely fits in my garage, the charger would definitely not.
Old 06-06-2017, 12:10 AM

Default charger

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbu68 View Post
Like the look of this project alot! Wish I would have kept my 68 charger, but my chevelle barely fits in my garage, the charger would definitely not.
Should of made room, haha!!
Old 06-08-2017, 01:52 AM

Default lower control arm correction

Working on the car today, trying to get more done on the front end, trying to finish it, while I wait for my shocks.
I already mentioned that my first thought for a front sway bar went out the door. I am still on the fence on what to use.

Today I made some adj strut rods. For those familiar front suspension, you know these prevent the lower arms from moving while braking, and cornering. The ones I made are going to use and adjuster, not like the ones that are offered on the market that you just turn a tube. Plus these tubes are 6061 forged aluminum, 1" outside diam.

To my discouragement, I come to find that even with rod one on just one side, (k member) the control arm attaching point is going to bind.
So thinking how, and what to do so that both upper, and lower arms will travel with out bind, I have decided to install a clevis mount on the lower arm. This way I can run either another rod end, on the control arm, or something similar that will have any bind. So stay tuned..
Attached Images

Old 06-11-2017, 04:51 PM

why do you think the struts will bind?. all the ones on the market like hotchkiss are made like yours or at least i think they are.gotta be better than factory struts for sure.i made a similar set for my plymouth .i would be curious to see what you come up with.
Old 06-18-2017, 12:48 PM

Default charger update

Ok it has been a little bit. I was on the fence on the front sway bar. Either go full tilt on the Torsion bar, NASCAR style front bar, or figure something out. Did a little digging, on results from other mopars using different set ups. So I decided to go with the Hotchkis front bar. I ordered it, and already have it, and looks stout!! The only thin I have to do is cut the old bar mounts off, and put on the new ones, no big deal.

I am also going to install the strut mounts today.

One more thing, that I am happy about, my QA1 shocks finally came in!!!

I got the double adj Stocker stars. The fronts will be going on after the front sway bar. Pictures will follow this post today!!!!