Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > EFI and Forced Induction
User Name
Password

Old 02-05-2017, 04:50 PM

That's everything except the base fuel map.
These are the things they don't tell you about. There are base tunes and prompts etc but there will still be some trial and error on your part regardless.
Old 03-31-2017, 07:34 PM

I was also wondering if you could use a Holley Terminator or Dominator ECU and Holley wiring harnesses to replace the Edelbrock Pro Flo harness and ecm & chip??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-14-2017, 11:31 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

FWIW, I am in the process of converting my Holley TBI to a HP MPFI full sequential system on my 327 SBC. I have not driven it a lot yet, but I see a significant difference in smoothness and drivability. Economy should be better as well. So I recommend the MPFFI over a TBI.
Old 05-20-2017, 10:19 PM

You can use any EFI that will use a cam reference as it's only Sequential Fuel Injection input.

We have a customer running the ProFlo. I wouldn't say it's perfect.. and you do have to send the PROM to Edelbrock to be flashed.

I'm not sure if his is a ProFlo2. I don't think so, it was on a shelf for 11 years before it made its way to the car.

Anyway. That's the annoying part. Sending the prom back. If you don't think you'll be tweaking on it a lot, then it's just fine. It does add a lot of drivability to the car. And there are handheld tuners that come with the kit, but I don't know how good they are. If all you're looking to do is go to EFI, then it is not a bad option.

If you need all the bells and whistles, the ProFlo does not have them. But it is very easy to install. And is SFI.. though I think it's bank to bank style. So it's sort of sequential. I think it fires left and right banks as a whole... if you look at it, it's basically a 3rd gen Camaro set up. It uses all 3rd gen sensors and a PROM. And they all ran batch fire (bank to bank). So it's not necessarily a whole bunch more fuel efficient.. but it's is EFI and has the added benefits of such.

Old 05-23-2017, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsgarage View Post
You can use any EFI that will use a cam reference as it's only Sequential Fuel Injection input.

We have a customer running the ProFlo. I wouldn't say it's perfect.. and you do have to send the PROM to Edelbrock to be flashed.

I'm not sure if his is a ProFlo2. I don't think so, it was on a shelf for 11 years before it made its way to the car.

Anyway. That's the annoying part. Sending the prom back. If you don't think you'll be tweaking on it a lot, then it's just fine. It does add a lot of drivability to the car. And there are handheld tuners that come with the kit, but I don't know how good they are. If all you're looking to do is go to EFI, then it is not a bad option.

If you need all the bells and whistles, the ProFlo does not have them. But it is very easy to install. And is SFI.. though I think it's bank to bank style. So it's sort of sequential. Huh? Was your wife ever "sort of" pregnant? I think it fires left and right banks as a whole... if you look at it, it's basically a 3rd gen Camaro set up. It uses all 3rd gen sensors and a PROM. And they all ran batch fire (bank to bank). So it's not necessarily a whole bunch more fuel efficient.. but it's is EFI and has the added benefits of such.

It's either sequential or it's not. And there are different styles of "batch fire" as well. You can have it fire all four on one side or, as most do, fire the first four in the firing order, then the next four and so on.

Chip ECM's are very limiting as mentioned. With the advent of todays systems I just don't see any practicality there.

Jmo.