Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 12-11-2012, 02:24 PM

Default project go for broke 70 chevelle

Well looks like the bug has bit me hard and I am starting another project!
just wanted to clear the air first and clarify who is e.rodz customs e.rodz is NOT a business this is just a couple of of friends and my son who is now 13 years of age who just want to build some really cool stuff! my goal is to build 10 super cool rodz. the first one was my work truck I sold a barret jackson years ago. The second was going to be my 63 belair but after pulling this car out of the back yard I got to thinking what if I kept driving the belair for a while and did the chevelle up G machine style so that is were the go for broke came in. Just posting this up so you guys can follow this build along and either watch me fail or build something cool it could go either way!

my name is Eric Hokenson I have a dream of building ten of the coolest hot rods out of my home shop wish me luck I am going to need it! - more pics on my web site www.erodzcustoms.com this is just for fun and i am NOT looking for any more work!
Thank you supporting sponsors! without you guys there is no way I could do this myself !
Modern automotive performance,Ring bros.,Yank convertors,extreme drive systems,Cj tunes,race coatings stainless works,Modern Automotive Performance.all of these shops have the experience to get your car to the top.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:22 PM

I think it will go the way of "really cool"
Old 12-11-2012, 10:02 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Cool Erik!! I see the Chevelles are coming on strong here lately. What are your plans for it...motor, tranny, wheels, etc?

Old 12-12-2012, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Moreno View Post
I think it will go the way of "really cool"
Thanks for your support I will do my best to bring this one over the top and build it to drive the hell out of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 214Chevelle View Post
Cool Erik!! I see the Chevelles are coming on strong here lately. What are your plans for it...motor, tranny, wheels, etc?
Thanks buddy I have been following your thread for a while now and you are inspiring me to push it .the wheels on your avatar are what I was dreaming about but those are going to have to wait tell I sell some parts.stay tuned for more on this one!
my name is Eric Hokenson I have a dream of building ten of the coolest hot rods out of my home shop wish me luck I am going to need it! - more pics on my web site www.erodzcustoms.com this is just for fun and i am NOT looking for any more work!
Thank you supporting sponsors! without you guys there is no way I could do this myself !
Modern automotive performance,Ring bros.,Yank convertors,extreme drive systems,Cj tunes,race coatings stainless works,Modern Automotive Performance.all of these shops have the experience to get your car to the top.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:44 PM

Sorry for the lack of direction on the first post just really strapped for time lately and interruptions constantly. Well more on the plan of the car is changing rapidly the original plan was to give it a awesome paint job LS motor and just detail the hell out of it. I should of learned along time ago that I just can't go half way I try and try but every time I get a vision in my head I can not stop until it is done the way I would like to see it.so for now it is time to strip it to bare bones remove everything off the car that will not be used and GO FOR BROKE! my ultimate goal with the car is build a Foose,Trepanier,ring bros. quality build built in my home garage with just a handful of friends and low buck tools doing 95% of the work in one place including a garage paint job in all. My son and co worker Bobby willard are going to do a youtube video documentation of the whole thing so please follow us along to watch us either live the dream or fall on my face hard!
Old 12-12-2012, 11:14 PM

I thought I figured out how to imbed youtube videos but apparently I can't figure it out I clicked on the video clip icon then copied the youtube http code pasted it in between the brackets and the screen just turns white what am I doing wrong?
here is the link to the intro to our build please let me know what you think and any tips or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!!! http://youtu.be/Dw2WzxSGAdo
Old 12-13-2012, 12:14 PM

I'll be watching this one Eric. Keep us in the loop.

Old 12-13-2012, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynieZ View Post
I'll be watching this one Eric. Keep us in the loop.
Thanks buddy hope everything has been going well for you!! stay tuned for more chevelle madness.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:11 PM

I bought this car about 6 years ago sold the big block to make room for new tech and put it in the back yard now its time to make this thing into something really cool. this is the most rust free car I have ever seen I almost hate to cut it up but I can't help it it is just in my nature so every thing on the car has to go it is all going on ebay shortly so if anyone needs anything coming off the car please let me know. anyway check out the lack of progress!

oh yea I love the smell of mice pee there was frickin mice living everywhere.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:48 PM

There you go Eric. Fixed your video for you. Now get to work.