Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Race Cars and Modern Pro-Street
User Name
Password

Old 10-30-2015, 10:32 PM

I get what you're saying about "skookum". I thought about running flexible line, nobody will ever see it and it's so easy....couldn't do it. My 3/8" aluminum showed up today so once the tranny crossmember gets sorted out I'll start on the line.

Thinking that I'll protect it behind the sfc and run it up past the front suspension like yours to keep it away from heat until it enters the engine bay. Thanks for the pic.

Man that house looks good! I know it's big but it doesn't look huge and out of place. April huh? I thought we'd be eating Christmas ham this year sitting
around the fireplace next to the "holiday" tree. Haha! It'll be done before you know it, looks great!
Old 10-30-2015, 10:40 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,077 Times in 385 Posts

It's not that big of a house - 3 bedrooms is all.....

You can barely see it above the tree line from across the valley! Just there -- to the right (looking at this pic) of the White Clouds golf course (the green stuff there in the hills).... The living room floor is at 6372 feet elevation. All that property behind and left and right is BLM..... so we're all alone for now!

Old 10-30-2015, 10:49 PM

Charlie got a place to stay until April?
Old 10-30-2015, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBasher View Post
Charlie got a place to stay until April?

Yeah --- at his place in Scottsdale.
Old 11-01-2015, 08:40 AM

Thanked 1,324 Times in 495 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBasher View Post
I get what you're saying about "skookum". I thought about running flexible line, nobody will ever see it and it's so easy....couldn't do it. My 3/8" aluminum showed up today so once the tranny crossmember gets sorted out I'll start on the line.

Thinking that I'll protect it behind the sfc and run it up past the front suspension like yours to keep it away from heat until it enters the engine bay. Thanks for the pic.

Man that house looks good! I know it's big but it doesn't look huge and out of place. April huh? I thought we'd be eating Christmas ham this year sitting
around the fireplace next to the "holiday" tree. Haha! It'll be done before you know it, looks great!
In a race car that might get crashed I think I would prefer a good hose for fuel delivery. I would think it would hold up better than a hard line in a crash...
Old 11-01-2015, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clill View Post
In a race car that might get crashed I think I would prefer a good hose for fuel delivery. I would think it would hold up better than a hard line in a crash...

I thought the exact same thing -- which is why it's still the way it is. I think I'd be okay with running SS tubing as long as it was inside the frame rails for protection -- and then I'd make sure it was braided flex (I prefer PTFE) from there where it was going to be anywhere it could get damaged from a crash.... so maybe as soon as it left the protection of the frame rail and headed for the engine bay..... Only thing I wouldn't do is to run it near the suspension which is likely to suffer damage in a crash or tire blowout etc.

Last edited by GregWeld; 11-11-2015 at 08:50 PM.
Old 11-01-2015, 11:02 AM

You both bring up good points. I had thought about switching over to the PTFE as it exited the protection and ran under the upper control arm on the drivers side....I'll take another look at it. I may be able to protect it in that location or maybe just insulate/protect it from the heat of the header and run it that way.

Old 02-15-2016, 06:00 PM

Hey Greg can you post a picture of the rear shock mounting upper and lower on your Mustang.

Thanks
Old 02-15-2016, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff71 View Post
Hey Greg can you post a picture of the rear shock mounting upper and lower on your Mustang.

Thanks

No -- sorry -- the car is at BMR Racing in California... and I've never taken good pics of the rear suspension.

It's Maier track bar
Leaf Springs
Custom shock mounting for clearances - but basically IIRC - they're on stud perches off the leaf spring birdcage/mount

This pic isn't going to help you a bit --- and the whole thing is custom due to all the crap back there etc.

Old 02-15-2016, 07:13 PM

Do you think they would allow me to sneak a peek at your shock mounts? I will be in Sac for Rugby on Saturday.

The upper shock is eyelet also? How does that mount to the factory floor?

Heres what I have and it won't allow the shock to swivel enough to locate the upper shock into the floor mount.

Heres how far off it is.

I'm thinking if I went back to a stock type spring plate and using something like this could work.

Last edited by jeff71; 02-15-2016 at 07:40 PM.