Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Print Media Coverage
User Name
Password

Old 09-27-2015, 07:20 AM

What I love is that those old guys who just cant see how cool an LS is hates on it because putting one into a car isnt as easy like throwing in a 350.. there is electronics that scare them the same way they cant understand their android phone.. with ignorance there is always hate nearby.

the funny thing is at this moment I am swapping in an LS into my 65 Lincoln.. now imagine the hate im going to get.
Old 09-27-2015, 09:04 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Here is another funny thing. I've taken the car to a couple of local shows and even an all Ford show, and most people were totally clueless as to what they were looking at. I could have told them it was anything...Then I tell them that it's an engine out of a 2009 Colorado pick up and I actually think they don't believe me.

Andrew
Old 11-28-2015, 10:22 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.VENGEANCE View Post
What I love is that those old guys who just cant see how cool an LS is hates on it because putting one into a car isnt as easy like throwing in a 350.. there is electronics that scare them the same way they cant understand their android phone.. with ignorance there is always hate nearby.

the funny thing is at this moment I am swapping in an LS into my 65 Lincoln.. now imagine the hate im going to get.
Agreed!

I put an LQ4 into my '62 Cadillac. I suppose it's at least GM to GM, not GM to Ford....but some of the purists still had to tell me it was wrong.
Old 11-28-2015, 10:23 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
Here is another funny thing. I've taken the car to a couple of local shows and even an all Ford show, and most people were totally clueless as to what they were looking at. I could have told them it was anything...Then I tell them that it's an engine out of a 2009 Colorado pick up and I actually think they don't believe me.

Andrew
By the way...I was at LS Fest, saw this car there...didn't realize it was you! I should have said hello. Next year.
Old 12-24-2015, 09:43 AM

Suffer not the Hating Trolls! I saw you at LS Fest as well, and the car made me smile REALLY big! I'm typically a blue oval guy, JADED was one of my favorite personal builds, and I have deep connections to the early Cougars ( insert joke here...) But ZedSled (78 Camaro) has been tons of fun for me, even though I do fall into the belly-butten crowd of predictability... ( I don't care.... ) however in my opinion, if you're keeping one on the street and out of the crusher and having fun with it.... you've satisfied your mission! If you're making heads turn and causing a caffuffle amongst the low-brow haters..... doubly so!!

Well done!

KT.
PTFB, Viking, Holley Performance Products, BFGoodrich, Heatshield Products, Turbonetics, Hellion Turbo Systems,TCI, Dennys driveshafts, Eastwood, Preferredline Media, Summit Racing, Strange Engineering, Forgeline, TMI Products, DBR High Performance, Spectre Performance, Vintage Air, NPD, Digitails, Redline Lumtronix, Dakota Digital, Newport Engineering, Stage 8 fasteners, Industrial Depot, Brian Finch, Grant Salter, and many more Good friends with big hearts.
Old 12-24-2015, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kttrucks View Post
Suffer not the Hating Trolls! I saw you at LS Fest as well, and the car made me smile REALLY big! I'm typically a blue oval guy, JADED was one of my favorite personal builds, and I have deep connections to the early Cougars ( insert joke here...) But ZedSled (78 Camaro) has been tons of fun for me, even though I do fall into the belly-butten crowd of predictability... ( I don't care.... ) however in my opinion, if you're keeping one on the street and out of the crusher and having fun with it.... you've satisfied your mission! If you're making heads turn and causing a caffuffle amongst the low-brow haters..... doubly so!!

Well done!

KT.
Thanks KT...and Merry Christmas.

Andrew
Old 01-06-2016, 02:34 PM

You know what they say, "Opinions are like............"

I don't really care what anyone thinks, I built my car for me, not to please a crowd of anal retentive turkeys. Love your build because it's different!
468 BBC, TH400, Moser 9" floater, True Forged Competitions 18x9.5 18x12, Kore 3 C6 ZO6 calipers 14" & 13" rotors, Ride Tech True Turn, Ride Tech Air TQ's, Torque Arm with Watts link, Moser CT Full Floater 9" with locker.
Old 04-03-2016, 05:09 PM

Got a little more love north of the border. Looks like this turd has gone international!

Andrew
Old 05-04-2016, 06:33 PM

Haters gonna hate. Love it Andrew, patina is the new chrome. Needing you to work on those ET's though, I know there is an 11 sec. pass in there waiting to come out. 2 4bbls ish for the win. LOL
Old 05-04-2016, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57hemicuda View Post
Haters gonna hate. Love it Andrew, patina is the new chrome. Needing you to work on those ET's though, I know there is an 11 sec. pass in there waiting to come out. 2 4bbls ish for the win. LOL
Thanks Ron. This little 5.3L only makes 325 rwhp. I don't think there is an 11 second pass in it...What I need to do is stick the 6.2L from the GTO in the Cougar and then put the 5.3L in the GTO and add a snail shaped muffler....LOL

Andrew