Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 08-27-2014, 03:06 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Default MCB finally Scores a 66 Chevelle Convertible Shop Project!

So, here we go! We FINALLY found the 66 Chevelle Convertible project car we have been looking for.

It looks like just one paint job over the original, 98% rust free, appears all panels are original, Original owners manual and Protecto-Plate too!

It started life as a 283/powerslide car. It does have a power top, AGR power Steering box, Baer 13" front brakes, Global West Front and rear arms, Drop coils and 18's. The motor is rebuilt (who cares...Right?) and we will drive it for a little bit then tear it down!

It will get a FULL frame off build using everything we sell. It will be LSx powered, maybe an LSA or Twin Turbo, Mini Tubbed, and a TON more...

Follow along as we dig in. We will document everything we install on the car, any issues we run into and make installation suggestions on tons of the top name brand Pro-Touring parts this girl will wear!

We also need to give her a name. We are also looking for someone to do a rendering for us.

Matt

866-628-8746

TEXT ONLY: 925-989-9091 (Replied 8-4)

www.mcbparts.com

Email: [email protected]

Like us on Facebook for exclusive offers, info and chat: www.facebook.com/mcbparts

Hours: Monday to Friday 8am - 4pm Pacific
We ALWAYS enjoy talking to our customers!
We have a full time staff to answer ALL Questions, Tech Support or Order Status Tracking!
Old 08-27-2014, 03:29 PM

Excellent starting point! Looking forward to the build. My 66 needed a little more work up front.

Name:  66 Chevelle SS Skeleton.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  104.5 KB

Pappy
Old 08-27-2014, 03:38 PM

Oh WOW... Yes it did.. I just hope once we get it blasted or dipped we did ok, from what i can see we will be fine, the trunk pan has been done, needs final touches.

Found a few bubbles on one of the doors, no biggie but the major areas on these cars like the door jambs, lower quarters, dash, floors, ect all look original and fine!

The paint is old which is good, i didn't pay restored money because i know how i want the car done and we couldn't find anything close to what we wanted that could be tweaked.... Way too many "built to sell" cars or high dollar numbers cars.

Hopefully this winter it will get stripped down and we will see what we have to work with

Matt
866-628-8746

www.mcbparts.com

Like us on Facebook for exclusive offers, info and chat: www.facebook.com/mcbparts

We have a full time staff to answer ALL Questions, Tech Support or Order Status Tracking!
Old 08-27-2014, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCB Matt View Post
So, here we go! We FINALLY found the 66 Chevelle Convertible project car we have been looking for.

It looks like just one paint job over the original, 98% rust free, appears all panels are original, Original owners manual and Protecto-Plate too!

It started life as a 283/powerslide car. It does have a power top, AGR power Steering box, Baer 13" front brakes, Global West Front and rear arms, Drop coils and 18's. The motor is rebuilt (who cares...Right?) and we will drive it for a little bit then tear it down!

It will get a FULL frame off build using everything we sell. It will be LSx powered, maybe an LSA or Twin Turbo, Mini Tubbed, and a TON more...

Follow along as we dig in. We will document everything we install on the car, any issues we run into and make installation suggestions on tons of the top name brand Pro-Touring parts this girl will wear!

We also need to give her a name. We are also looking for someone to do a rendering for us.

Matt

One of my customers almost made an offer on that car on Saturday at Pleasanton. What did you wind up getting it for? Looked like a pretty solid car. We almost offered 22k and were gonna load it up and drive the 70 chevelle back to Bakersfield with that in the trailer.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:13 PM

It took a LOT of hammering and waiting it out 25K...

It was that vs flying to Texas or Florida chasing who knows what with 1K plus is flights plus shipping a car if i found one even...

This one is a great start but last time i bought a 66 conv it was 15K GEEEZ prices have gone way up!!

It didn't make sense to pay more since we are blowing it apart and there are not many out there for less other than TOTAL projects needing just about every panel and we couldn't enjoy it for the rest of the sunny Cali summer!

Matt
866-628-8746

www.mcbparts.com

Old 08-27-2014, 05:23 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Matt pm me when you get a chance I know a great place to get parts!
Old 08-27-2014, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOM View Post
Matt pm me when you get a chance I know a great place to get parts!
I have a place or two in mind
866-628-8746

www.mcbparts.com

Old 08-27-2014, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCB Matt View Post
It took a LOT of hammering and waiting it out 25K...

It was that vs flying to Texas or Florida chasing who knows what with 1K plus is flights plus shipping a car if i found one even...

This one is a great start but last time i bought a 66 conv it was 15K GEEEZ prices have gone way up!!

It didn't make sense to pay more since we are blowing it apart and there are not many out there for less other than TOTAL projects needing just about every panel and we couldn't enjoy it for the rest of the sunny Cali summer!

Matt
We were going to leave the paint and change the chassis with a 509 big block a customer mine decided not to put in his vette. The patina makes it so your not afraid of actually using the car. Just upgrade every thing else.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironworks View Post
We were going to leave the paint and change the chassis with a 509 big block a customer mine decided not to put in his vette. The patina makes it so your not afraid of actually using the car. Just upgrade every thing else.
Yes! I have to admit the teal patina is pretty cool, it looks like only the 2nd paint job on it..

It also does allow for it to be a much "easier" driver with a 5 and 8 yr old lol but kim has been wanting a 71-72 2wd blazer again ever since we sold ours about 4 years back.. Its the blue one you see in some of CPP's catalogs... Ughhh ummm, yea....

Its tempting but that would mean buying another to fully build. When i say fully build i mean within reason, this is not going to be a crazy budget manufacture built car, more like showcasing something my customers can build on a reasonable budget.

Matt
866-628-8746

www.mcbparts.com

Old 08-27-2014, 08:18 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Good for you guys... we'll be watching.

Lateral-g Feature - https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=44186

Build thread - https://lateral-g.net/forums/show...ght=brownstone

Special thanks to Matt's Classic Bowties along with