Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Interior and Electrical
User Name
Password

Old 07-16-2017, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F'in mine View Post
Fitted the seats in the car and I think they came out pretty decent, one had to go to the upholsters for some fixing. Way more comfortable!
Shelved the originals in storage for now.

Maybe a console that blends old and new is next?
Thise look great. What year/model BMW?
Old 07-17-2017, 09:24 AM

Thanks guys, I like them compared to the flat originals, much more comfortable & better lateral support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynieZ View Post
They look really nice in there! Great job, is the seat bottom much higher than the stock seat?
Wayne, approx. 1" higher, I'm 6' and have about 2-3" of spare headroom before my head hits the liner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornJPS View Post
Those seats look great, fit in very nicely. CTC consoles make some nice-looking equipment, look to be fairly customizeable.
I'll take a look at them, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctcz28 View Post
Simon,
Those seats look fantastic and I bet make driving the car a whole different (better) experience. Great photo comparing the old OEM seat to the new one, really shows just how worthless those OEM headrests were compared to the new ones that will actually provide some protection in a rear end accident. You mentioned the Morris 3 point belts. I installed a set and love them, also way safer than just a lap belt. Good work and great looking car.
The belts are a definite next purchase upgrade once the seats are in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bretcopsey View Post
Thise look great. What year/model BMW?
2003 325i coupe

Gonna post a build thread with some more upgrades along the way.
Simon
Old 07-21-2017, 10:19 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

[QUOTE=F'in mine;662372]Thanks guys, I like them compared to the flat originals, much more comfortable & better lateral support.

Wayne, approx. 1" higher, I'm 6' and have about 2-3" of spare headroom before my head hits the liner.

That means I'll have ---------7" extra. lol I've been looking at them for a few (sad to say) years, but was worried about installing them.

Did you guys mark down any drawings or measurements for what you built to mount them?? They look great by the way!

Last edited by waynieZ; 07-21-2017 at 10:43 PM.
Old 07-24-2017, 08:31 PM

[QUOTE=waynieZ;662679]
Quote:
Originally Posted by F'in mine View Post
Thanks guys, I like them compared to the flat originals, much more comfortable & better lateral support.

That means I'll have ---------7" extra. lol I've been looking at them for a few (sad to say) years, but was worried about installing them.

Did you guys mark down any drawings or measurements for what you built to mount them?? They look great by the way!
If that's the case you'll have plenty of room.......lucky you.

I didn't make any drawings or take measurements, another member here was nice enough to lend a helping hand a couple of times winging it, welding it as we went along.
We had to re-mount the LS pedestals inboard that join to the tracks on the passenger seat and the RS pedestals on the drivers seat.
3/16" x 1.5" flat stock was used to tie the existing tracks together and have somewhere to drill & mount the seats to the stock mounting location.
New seat adjustment front levers were also fabbed out of 1/4" round bar.
Keep in mind that these seats are manually operated and had to switch drivers to passengers and vice versa.
I might have a pic of the welded seat bottom work somewhere and send you a pic.
Quite a bit of work but the end result I think is worth it for this quality of seat for the time being.