View Single Post
Old 01-31-2008, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus SC&C
Sounds like you`ve already bought about half of the front end parts,that`ll complicate things a bit but we`ll take a stab at it anyway. G bodys such as Montes have a number of geometry problems in the front end,backward camber curves,much too low roll center and buku bumpsteer among them. Tubular arms can be a nice addition to the car but they`re incapable of fixing any of those issues. They CAN be fixed though,either with AFX tall spindle or the proper application of tall ball joints to alter the geometry. Once the geometry has been fixed,that`s where the tubular arms really come into their own because they can be made to compliment the new geometry with length,offset and ball joint mounting angles different than stock. Combine that with the proper spring and shock rates and a good performance alignment and you`ll have a totally transformed car. The drop spindles you already have unfortunately are the answer to a question no one asked. Their claim to fame is that they lower the car without altering the stock geometry or raising the spring rates. Fact of the matter is that the stock front end geometry is lousy and is helped quite a bit by lowering it with springs and as you lower a car you want more spring rate both for better handling and to keep the headers from getting to friendly with the pavement. I don`t recomend poly bushings for most uses. They tend to squeak (even greasable ones) and have stiction and cold flow issues. They work okay in a few applications but they`re few and far between. If you like the Spohn arms opt for the delrin bushing option. There is also a new series of SPC Performance tubular lowers with delrin bushings,improved geometry,adj. ride height (even with conventional springs!) etc. that will be on our site shortly. We`ll also be doing our tall ball joint StreetComp packages with the Spohn upper A arms. We worked with them on the development of the tall spindle version of those arms. This is a lot of info to cover in a small internet post,feel free to give us a call and take advantage of our Suspension Counseling Service. Mark SC&C
Mark, I sure do appreciate all of the help. Your suggestions sound great, hopefully I will be able to finish this thing before I head out on the Hot Rod Power Tour in June.