View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 05:26 PM

I found used 98 LS1 motor on crigslist so I was like let's go check it out decent price at the time I thought and local. So I get there and find the motor to hve a set of stage 2 heads,LS6 intake,trick flow pushrods,comp cam few other goodies and only had 70k on it and car was wrecked and body was unrepairable. So for 2,300 I got wiring harness,pcm and engine. To top that they even had dyno sheet that proved rwhp at 423 rwhp and 392 foot pounds torque and receipts from work when parts where installed from previous owner in TX. So I scooped it up and took it home, well I am always noisy so I asked a friend that is a engine builder and asked about rebuilding it and he said it's got low miles but I dug in taking parts off and found lifter wearing slightly! So I tore it all down got ARP bolts for rods all new gaskets, new pistons,lifters,LS2 timing chain,ported oil pump etc. Swapped a timing belt job for engine build minus machine work,even got to help during build and blue print it etc. He tells me motor has more power and pcm was probably not tune right but will see in then end! I still think the 98's are good motors but some don't . Just my luck I think I got a good deal in the end!

Last edited by brans72; 02-11-2011 at 07:50 PM.