View Single Post
Old 09-16-2014, 01:43 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,077 Times in 385 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBMC View Post
Thanks Greg, I've been a drag racer all my life and watched my pro stock icons in the 80s run in the 7's in a doorslammer and that has been on my bucket list ever since. I used to run motorcycles at T-hill and buttonwillow and I try to auto cross whenever I can wrestle the keys away from a customer as well. If its got power and wheels, I'm in. A couple years back this oppurtunity to partner up with a very good friend, mentor and second Dad to me came up. he's getting up there in years and has some serious health issues he's battling lately so its been a great way to get him out of the house to see his racing buddies and be around the sport he loves so much. Not to mention Im also obviously having a blast!
I guarantee I'll be out in a "road race/trackday car with you guys in the future, but right now this is what im focusing on. Most important its the "bonding" with friends old and new in the pits no matter what kind of racing it is.

Totally! And I still love drag racing... wasn't putting it down at all... I was just saying that I like the longer seat times of road racing now that I've had a taste of it.