View Single Post
Old 06-02-2015, 12:41 AM

I have a few updates on the car.

I finally got the manual brake upgrade completed and replaced my brake pads after toasting them in Vegas at the Optima Challenge. The brake effort is only slightly more on the street but the effort is actually less at threshold braking and now hopefully more consistent than my intermittent assist I got before from my low vacuum motor. Also, installed a new bracket that Currie makes for their rear end to help reduce pad knock back when on the road course.

New master cylinder set up sure looks a lot better than the old one.

The car became drivable again on Saturday so I headed straight to San Diego for the SCCA autocross the next day on Sunday. What better way to test out my new brakes! Both times I've gone, the courses they have at Qualcom for the SDR SCCA are the funnest autocross courses i have done. They are really big and nice and spread out.

Shot of the pits. There were 19 competitors between the three CAM classes.

I had a very fun and successful outing and won the CAM T class!! Very excited about that.

Any most of my winning run. Had some trouble with my phone so it cut off part of my run. My best time was 58.8 as seen in the above pic.

Lots of autocross & track day videos of my car: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheDude023