View Single Post
Old 05-02-2015, 09:11 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,077 Times in 385 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad-1stGen View Post
I sat out my 4th session figuring I was done for the day but then "one ore time" syndrome started and I decided that on my 5th and last session I would try and get near the back of the lineup and just go run some laps for fun. Which is exactly what I did. I decided not to even try and toe heel shift and to just focus on the braking in a safe and controlled manner. I got 3 laps in before I boiled the brake fluid again but I was having a lot more fun as I had taken the pressure off myself. Funny enough I ran my best time of the day in those three laps too.

The "pros" will all tell you "slow is fast"...... You're more relaxed - you're not sawing the wheel - stabbing the gas then slamming on the brakes.... so the average speed carried ramps up. You watch Hobaugh run an auto cross and you'd swear he's the slowest guy out there... til they post his time.

Not saying I can do this or drive like this - just relating what I hear and see all the time.

Glad you had a great time. Those that HAVE NOT gone to one of these events are really losing out.