View Single Post
Old 03-13-2017, 01:49 PM

Another autocross this weekend, then the Brembo caliper mod gets moved up the list. I am still not sure my wheels will clear the calipers so I need to check that, if they do clear then I need custom brake lines and I'll be ready to bolt them up.. I'll update the thread when it gets to that point.

In other news, I wanted to share with the group a tool I made a bunch of years ago (for dirt cheap) and used again tonight. I can't take credit for the design of it, but I think its worth passing on in hopes that someone else finds value in it and makes one for their own use.

I use this tool for refilling fluids under the truck/car. It allows me to put gear oil, transfer case fluid back in nearly effortlessly. I fought and fought for years trying to figure out ways to get the fluid back into these components after draining out the fluid. With this tool, I was able to change the front diff fluid, rear end fluid, tcase fluid in <30 minutes.

Basically take a $25 bug/yard sprayer (I'd recommend a new one), and install a $4 rigid valve stem in the top. I cut off the very tip of the atomizing spray nozzle so it comes out in a stream vs. mist. Heavier fluids like gear oil take a little longer to push through the tubes, the ATF or Tcase fluid moves a lot faster.

Once you have the valve core installed you don't have to use the manual pump, I usually pressurize it up to where the relief valve starts to unseat and hiss.. (You can see it in the first picture where the YELLOW is starting to show)

Make/use at your own discretion.. Here's a couple of pics:

Bug sprayer modded to squirt go fast juices into the underside of my cars..

Servicing the Smurf Juice in the NP246.. Relatively drip free !

Last edited by Tydriver; 03-14-2017 at 10:51 AM.