View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by customcam View Post
What do you want to know?

How do they compare to the older brakes you had ?
Sort of unfair to compare.. the Wilwoods were great.. these should be better due to the larger rotor but you can get that with the Wilwoods.

I will say this.

Pro of Wilwoods = brige bolts for easy pad swaps
Pro of Baers = C5/C6 pads you can find anywhere

The parts in the kit are very nice and the machining is beautiful. So far I like them. I think either company makes a quality piece.

I will say we measured and the Baer brakes have more piston area, but both have rear brakes that are too small in my opinion. I would like them to be 50/50 and then adjust the backs down with the prop valve. Right now I have the backs turned to full. (I think right now the Baers are 60/40 in terms of bias (based on piston area).

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvr2fst View Post
Good point on the short distance events. Ill wait to hear response in the future when your thrashing on them. Have you had them on long enough to determine if there street friendly.
No, just drove to the track.. like any hi-po pad they seem a bit dusty but no noise so far.

I have to drive 200 miles on them Friday to a TV Interview so I will let you know. After Optima I will swap to the street pads provided by Baer.

See Bad Penny run the cones: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GUPPIX-92U

1971 Chevelle Wagon - Roadster Shop Chassis ProCharged Shafiroff LS and lots of yada yada

1968 Camaro - Project Track Rat - 440 RHS LS

Last edited by Steve1968LS2; 10-27-2009 at 10:51 PM.