View Single Post
Old 11-01-2015, 08:41 PM

Hey Greg - I'm still around and working on the car steadily. House and shop have actually given me more focus on the car, not less. Just haven't been so focused on updating the build thread.
March I ran Optima in Dallas
May and July hit up track days at TWS
Oct attended GG.
In between all of this I’ve been attending local AX’s
Overall the car is doing ok but in general it (or me) is better on the road course than the AX. I keep getting killed on the short tracks. It’s time to dig a bit deeper into my combo and tune out all the bugs. I’m working to get it all measured up to see what the geometry is really doing. Pics below shows how the car currently sits.

Changes so far
Swapped new front brakes from Wildwood FNSL with 13” rotors (they recommended) to Aero 6 with 14” rotors (Ron Recommended). This gave me a better 70/30 ratio and other added benefits. It's nice to have brakes..
Found geometry issues with the UCA’s - Speedtech build new ones. Alignment settings still seem less than optimal which is one reason for measurements.
Found the Speedtech TA was bent just before Optima in March - Speedtech overnighted a new one to help me get to the event.
Added a race bucket to hold me in place for big tracks - soo much better than the old ones.
Extended the throttle pedal throw to help modulate the throttle better.
Fixed geometry issues with the clutch pedal. Linkage was 1/4” to low - difference in the move was huge to pedal feel
Swapped in a 40lbs locker spring
Discovered all the crazy bolts that can come loose when running the hell out of a car on a roadcoarse
I’ll try to document the changes further as I go, just been too lazy the last year. I may try building a completely new subframe. Other option may be to do some small optimizations to this setup, keep it as a driver and start on a LS swapped wide body 240z track car. All depends what the measurements and my budget say.

Name:  IMG_0138 (3).jpg
Views: 329
Size:  84.0 KB