View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frojoe View Post
...The only downside as Todd mentioned was the lack of front cradle/crossbar for the UCA's, so I did this...
After seeing those same frame rail pics I also got a little concerned about the thin frame rails and lack of a connecting brace for those front upper links. To make matters worse I read something lately that claimed the Nova's have thinner rails than first gen F-bodies. I find that a little hard to believe though but it has me curious.

I think realistically the G-link and Quadra Link are probably more similar in this area of concern. I'd like to see some hard data though. The intended usage of either is probably not the drag strip with sticky tires. Yes, the frame rails have been an issue with G-link as we've seen. Very limited that I'm aware of though. The Quadra-Link welds to the floor pan area. How can that not be just as weak? There's more weld area so maybe that is it? Or is it that those builds just aren't as likely to hit the drag strip with sticky tires?

Having spent quality time underneath mine this weekend installing the gear case, I was eying the possibility of a similar setup as what you've done. You just helped prove it could be done . My setup is already welded in the car though so it might prove a bit of a challenge. I was thinking about coming up with something that would tie into the area where the OE snubber bolted in. I was having trouble visualizing how I might attach a bar to that area where the links bolt to though. Do you have any other pictures of that area and how you accomplished that without interfering with travel of the links?

Thanks!