View Single Post
Old 05-20-2017, 10:19 PM

You can use any EFI that will use a cam reference as it's only Sequential Fuel Injection input.

We have a customer running the ProFlo. I wouldn't say it's perfect.. and you do have to send the PROM to Edelbrock to be flashed.

I'm not sure if his is a ProFlo2. I don't think so, it was on a shelf for 11 years before it made its way to the car.

Anyway. That's the annoying part. Sending the prom back. If you don't think you'll be tweaking on it a lot, then it's just fine. It does add a lot of drivability to the car. And there are handheld tuners that come with the kit, but I don't know how good they are. If all you're looking to do is go to EFI, then it is not a bad option.

If you need all the bells and whistles, the ProFlo does not have them. But it is very easy to install. And is SFI.. though I think it's bank to bank style. So it's sort of sequential. I think it fires left and right banks as a whole... if you look at it, it's basically a 3rd gen Camaro set up. It uses all 3rd gen sensors and a PROM. And they all ran batch fire (bank to bank). So it's not necessarily a whole bunch more fuel efficient.. but it's is EFI and has the added benefits of such.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk