View Single Post
Old 08-05-2014, 08:59 PM

I haven't been here in quite some time!

For those of you who have followed this build from the beginning, you may remember the issue I was having with parts, and having to create my own. Not being able to find a machinist to help me with wheels, etc. Since moving into our new house, I have started to create a space for modelling and hobbies. Along with that, I have started visiting some of my old modelling communities. With that, I have found MUCH more support for these large scale models. A friend on the west coast made a master for a 1/12th scale LS1 and was kind enough to send me a couple of copies, along with a pair of racing seats. There were two major items holding this build up, the wheels and the engine. Not being able to get the wheels completed was preventing me from figuring out the suspension geometry, setting final rear end width, etc. Not having the engine, also prevented from the creation of other items, the transmission, fuel system, turbo set-up, etc.

This should kick start this project, Once I get the block put together and cleaned up, I will get some good pictures and start getting this thing back on track! I also sent my wheel center out so that I can get some sleeves and lock rings made. Hopefully those will be back in a month or so. A member here has offered to see if he can create some 3D models of tires for me as well.

The original inspiration for this project was Bad Penny. So, after going through some old reference photos, I will be going back to dark sunset orange metallic. It feels good to be excited about this thing once again! It has been many years in the making, and I am ready to show off a finished piece!

And just for something else to look at, The tires will be TOYO RA-1's

Artwork Page