View Single Post
Old 06-17-2014, 03:00 PM

Been a while since the last update, so here goes:

1. got the engine & trans in, headers installed and the front coils adjusted to bring the oil pan off the ground.
2. during the install, had some issues with the mounts and the engine dented the firewall trying to get it all installed.
3. got the front steering components installed and torqued, and the wheels / tires reinstalled so it could roll.
4. sent the car to my painter and had him rework the firewall and paint it, as well as the dash & rear speaker deck area
5. while in there, he saw that the motor mounts were way worse than I thought. He had to cut them apart, flip them around, and generally rework them to get it all level and installed correctly. By doing so, he was able to raise the engine and trans a little giving better ground clearance. This also centered the trans in the tunnel like it should have been (was off-center before).
6. the hard brakelines along the frame have been installed

The car is now back in my possession, and will be getting the Vintage Air A/C system and the wiring harness installed. I will also be ordering the driveshaft, and once that is in, the car will go to the exhaust shop to get the Borla stainless steel exhaust system welded & installed. After that, more wiring, fuel system and dash.