View Single Post
Old 08-04-2014, 10:18 AM

yeah, those are my thoughts too.....it looks bad ass without the mirrors, but I have a feeling I will regret not having them later. I haven't had mirrors on the car since I blew it apart, so I'm used to the sleek, clean look and it looks great that way....

I bought some ebay 2nd gen mirrors and they were just a tad too big....they just didn't look quite right. The contour on the base was going to take quite a bit of tweaking to get the fit and angle just right too.....The stock Cuda mirrors are a pretty close shape to the 2nd gen, just a tad smaller but not much

I looked at quite few aftermarket ones and none of them really appealed to me that much....Ideally I was looking for some brushed billet ones since that's a big part of the theme of the car...but couldn't find any that didn't have a chevy bowtie etc on them

Right now I have the stock Cuda mirrors mocked up.... I moved them forward on the door about 7 inches...the stock location is surprisingly far back on the door.. for stock spot the front edge of the base is 17 inches back from the fender/door gap