View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 11:19 PM

Default Tired

This weekend I had limited time to work on this, but I think I made some progress. I don't have the tires I want yet, but I do know the size and overall dimensions, so I mocked up a set in cardboard as place holders. I had plenty of cardboard leftover from my goodmark panel shipment, and this is light to move around.

I also started to install the front suspension for mocking up purposes. I understand that with the DSE suspension/ stock frame there is a wheel width limitation of 7". Although I mocked it up. I'm not exactly sure yet what the limiter is as I don't have my hubs or brakes yet (I can only guesstimate where the wheels will truly sit. ) If anyone has had any experience with this please chime in where the issues are so I can address them.

I also placed the back wheels in, and was happy to see it start to look like a paddle boat- I mean car again. Since I need to replace my quarters and mini tub the car- my neighbor had a good suggestion of widening the back body a bit. This will help maximize track width while keeping the tires inside the body. We mocked up a qtr panel and it looked good, but I apparently didn't get a pic of it, nor the car with the front body panels on.
Attached Images

Last edited by Tuske427; 02-12-2014 at 10:26 PM.