View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 08:47 AM

I have had some PM requests and requests from a similar thread in other forums about showing pictures of the car after sitting for 25 years in a field. The closest thing I could find was one taken in 2004 when I cleaned the car up and did a wheel test fit. It sits high in the front because I still have the disassembled engine in my garage with a .030 over bore in the block that is just now starting to show signs of rust. I had been coating the cylinder walls with oil to preserve them, but now they will at least need a fresh hone.

I had my son take a digital picture of this picture last night and transfer it to my jump drive. If you look close, you can see the back edge of the hood bend down at about the middle of the car. The black plastic covers a basketball sized hole in the windshield, and the rearview mirror has been ripped off.

I hope I can get the car back soon.

The Cadinator: 82 Eldorado, Caddy 472 (535 Lbs. Torque @ 3000 RPM) Autocross suspension, 95 Trans Am wheels.

Battlecar Cadillactica: 70 Eldorado w/stock Caddy 500(550 lbs. torque @ 3200 RPM) Known for beating Trans Ams, Camaros & Mustangs in 1985/86 Fayetteville Arkansas SCCA autocross

CadVetteStang: 72 Fastback Mustang w/500 Caddy engine, TH400, 12” disc brakes & 9” rear end. Was in storage awaiting a C4 Corvette front suspension when sold by [former] friend.