Thread: Splitter braces
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 08:57 AM
Administrator

Default Splitter braces

I know splitters with bracing inspired by current stock car design have been popular, so I found this bit of info interesting. Ford had the Nationwide COT Mustang on display at SEMA last year, its a great looking race car.

Quote:
The Sprint Cup car is about to lose its braces. Beginning with the 2011 season, NASCAR vice president of competition Robin Pemberton said a new front valance and splitter combination should eliminate the need for the braces that hold the splitter in place under the current design. "It will be less utilitarian-looking," Pemberton said. "It'll have a little more style in it, and I think people will like that. As we work forward, that's not the last change. We're looking on some stuff that actually has to coincide with the manufacturers and their introduction of new cars to sell." Pemberton said the current design, introduced in 2007, is due for an upgrade. And with the implementation of the new Nationwide Series chassis this season, NASCAR's research and development team went to work on trying to add some pizzazz -- and manufacturer identity -- to the Cup cars. Replacing the unpopular rear wing with the spoiler was the first step, according to Pemberton. So what will the new front bumper look like? According to Pemberton, it'll incorporate a lot of the Nationwide design.

My LS7 69 Camaro