View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007, 02:18 PM

Thanks for the info Dennis. The bit about using a blower larger than needed and the additional power consumption is good to know, but makes sense being that you are probably working in an inefficient area of the compressor map when you use a blower that's too large for the job.

I hear you on maxing out a fuel pump, I'm eating about 510 lb/hr right now going by the injector duty cycle numbers. I had to add a Boost-A-Pump to keep up as I was right at the edge of maxing my SX pump out.

Non-intercooled with the EFI my setup would only tolerate about 22 degrees max timing. It used to tolerate 27 degrees with the carburetor but after switching to the tunnel-ram style EFI manifold I had to take a lot of timing out of it. I haven't tried putting any more timing to it with the intercooler but that's on the agenda for this week. The only thing I don't like is I have no way of noticing detonation except for checking the plugs-- the engine & supercharger are just too loud to hear anything except severe detonation over, and if I can hear that it's too late. Any suggestions? It's easier to pick up light detonation on a dyno as you can see the torque curve "bouncing around" but tuning for max power in the car makes me rather nervous as I have no reliable way to detect light detonation in real time, only an after-pass plug check.

Last edited by Blown353; 05-14-2007 at 02:21 PM.