View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astroracer
With all of that said I would recommend sticking with your leaf springs. If this is a street/sometimes(maybe) track car there is nothing out there that will outperform the leafs on the street AND give a decent showing on the track with some tuning.
I was doing the same dance you are when I was bubbling up my Astro van project. I talked to a LOT of people before I decided to stay with leaf springs. The ONLY thing leaf springs have going against them is; they are not high tech. Mundane and Simple work very well though and there is a lot to be said for simple. Like "cheap", "no maintanence", "easy to tune" and "not a major tearup to install". Unless of course there is some narrowing involved...
Mark

looks like im going with mopar SS leafs(much thicker and stiffer) which I heard should prevent axle wrap(since i dont want to do traction bars) but i heard they are stiff, unless there is anything i can do to prevent wheel hop and axle wrap with stock rate leafs

Im gonna use the mopar relocation kit(which is kinda old school and ghetto, but works and moves springs in 3-4") and just get some koni shocks i think

For hte front im gonna go with a 1.12" torsion bar, koni shocks, full rebuild kit and upper control arm.

Subframe connectors and a 8 point roll cage will finish it out.

18x10" mustang bullitt wheels(since they fit) on 295/35/18 drag radials
18x9" front with 255/40/18 tires

We'll see how it turns out, i want a low, mean, pro touring look and a car that at least handles decently(its a long, boat so i can only get so much)