View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64skylarkls1 View Post
Looking for some input. I'm in the middle of an LS swap. Donor car is an '02 SS Z28 LS1 6 speed. I'm using everything from the Camaro, harness, column, and so on. I'm wondering if I should do some minimal HP upgrades before I do the final install.

Here's where I'm at. I don't want to dump much money into the upgrades, I've already spent a bunch on suspension, donor and everything else. I also don't want to sacrifice MPG as this will be a daily driver. I am fairly capable as I've rebuilt a few motors in my day but I don't want to get into a time consuming tear down. I am not computer savy and there's not many shops around here that will work on customs. I do not have the means or knowledge of programing the LS computer myself.

If I change to long tube headers and delete the cats, will that require a reprogram of the computer? I know cold air flow is important. Is there a cam package that would increase hp without sacrificing anything else?

Thanks guys, this is a great forum.

Gene
You will need the computer looked at no matter what (to delete vats, second O2 sensors etc). I would suggest in your case a mail order tune and a 224 type cam, which is extremely common. Headers etc all add more but know what you will have before getting a tune.