View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 01:08 AM

Default 68 Camaro rear suspension advice/guidance

I have a 68 Camaro that I mini tubbed and I need to make a decision on rear suspension. It has an LS motor and 6 speed. The front suspension is stock front sub with a few mods. The car will be 95% street driven. I have the offset shackles and leafs but the leafs are very close to the inside of the tires. The car is being built now so there are no issues with cutting, grinding and welding. I was going to go with the G-link, nice set up and they are local, until I saw a few photos of some frame rails. But DSE will be at Pleasanton on the 24th and 25th so I can pick it up there.

I would like input on 3 rear suspensions choices.
1. Offset shackles and leafs.
2. Alston G-link
3. DSE Quadralink

Concerns are:
1. Is it worth the approximately $ 2,800.00 to get rid of the leafs. Do 4 link cars really ride that much better?
2. Exhaust clearance issues with the upper links or panhard bar
3. BIGGEST concern is that I have seen the frame pics of Todd's "Payback" and Ironworks Camaros. I understand both cars don't have the G-link but both have the cradle. I have not seen any issues with the Quadralink.

Any comments/advise would be appreciated

68 Camaro, LS1 T56, DSE Speed Kit 2, DSE Quadralink, DSE Mini Tub, Forgelines, Vintage Air, Dakota Digital, GM Tilt Column, Corbeau Seats
2012 Dodge 3500 4x4 6.7L Diesel CCSB

Last edited by DEIGuy38; 03-12-2012 at 01:16 AM.