View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007, 11:27 AM

No specific comparison was made due to the difference in direction after we went with the 90mm and then 98mm turbo.

We swapped the 355" (4.030x3.48) short for a 374" short (4.125 x 3.5) due to the need for additional parts strength. We also switched to a water to air core aswell.

I will note: We used the same heads. Upgraded fuel system, intake and just abit more camshaft. With the intercooler air temps now in the 110* range, we now were making 1000hp using just 14lbs of boost. We followed that with higher boost levels, ultimatly reaching 28lbs making 1660hp with a tradional 23* head.

I've tested several superchargers back to back in efforts to see the parasitic losses. I can say, running a much larger than needed blower will "cost" you some power. We saw differences of nearly 100hp from using a unit that was "properly sized" and capable of producing required boost pressure vs one being "turned down" to the same pressure level. Also, the average power from the turbo was superior to any of the centrifiguals we tested.