View Single Post
Old 12-04-2016, 05:09 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
We did have a lot of fun at Sonoma!!!

Awesome car!
Yes we did. I wish I had had a chance to try and chase down the yellow car.

Thanks for the props on the car. It isn't a show piece but I did put a lot of sweat equity into making it usable and presentable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustomatic View Post
That's good info, and Sonoma is indeed the awesome track--I can't wait to get back on it.

Another cool thing about the MM stuff is how it's priced so much better than a lot of competing bolt-on stuff out there (and we know it works) . . .
I can hardly wait to get back to Sonoma and see if I can whittle down my lap times some more. Day one I got to 2:04 and day two I got down to 2:00. My Traqmate failed me on my last session so I don't know what I ultimately ran but I will take a 2:00 flat for the first time at the track.

That is the point with the platform. If someone wants a track toy that has a v8, it a little bit of a handfull at times but can actually run some decent times on a budget just bolt on the MM stuff to a Fox Body or SN95 and have fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustomatic View Post

I'm betting that the only time that 340 hp really becomes evident as slightly less than you want is on straights, like at Thunderhill. Most of the time, it's probably quite sufficient.
It's all the HP to weight ratio. My car is somewhat light but still a bit of a porker at 3300lbs with me in it (part of that issue is my Sasquatch A$$). I am at 9.7lbs per hp which isn't great but the class only allows me 9.25 to 1.

If it were just a track car then I would run 10.5" wheels on all 4 corners and try and get closer to 8 to 1. That would be a lot of fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
Like the old saying - More HP will make any car faster on the straights - but less weight makes a car faster EVERYWHERE.....

LOL

Just sayin'
Light is Might

https://lateral-g.net/forums/show...10645&page=171