View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas69 View Post
I'm not sold on the design of the G link as it's missing the front cradle cross bar that the old style used for bracing. So you go from loading both frame rails to one. Mine was some small cracks that were easily repair, Rodger had to do some real frame repair. Peronsally, I'd reinforce either set up just to be safe.

With all that being said, I'd opt for a Quadralink or Speedtech set up.
Thanks for the info Todd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffav8 View Post
I think that Speedtech has a great setup and it's user friendly. To top it off they are great people to do business with or to just hang out with.
I looked at the Speedtech torque arm but I already have my exhaust, frame connectors and I am running a 8.5" 10 bolt and their setup is for a 12 bolt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frojoe View Post
For the price, I love the adjustability of of the G-Link, I personally wouldn't want to drop that much cash and have adjustment limited to just ride height, if that. That's what allowed me to justify the extra couple hundred of the G-link over the G-bar. I particularly liked the lack of cutting and minimal welding needed for the G-Link (if it were to be unmodified). The only downside as Todd mentioned was the lack of front cradle/crossbar for the UCA's. Oh and adjustable links (either upper, lower, or both) make it so nice for adjusting pinion angle exactly.
Thank you for the picture of the upper front support you put in. I like the adjustability of the G-link also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bret View Post
The ridetech bolt in 4 link has the crossmember that you are looking for. http://www.ridetech.com/store/1967-1...rd-airbar.html
Also has heim joint option and offset lower bats to clear a 335 tire. Completely compatible with mini tubs, DSE or otherwise.
Thank you for the link Bret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Junky View Post
If I were in your shoes I would probably look into building a 3 link set up. You have the welding and fabrication skills and ultimately I think this option would probably save you some coin in the end.
I could fabricate something but all of the hard work is done with these proven systems. I looked at Scott Mocks rear stuff that was on Kevin's (I think that was his name) camaro and thought about building a modified version of that system. With that being said I have been collecting parts and working on the car for 5 years now and you saw my progress so I want it done and driving. With 2 kids under 5 its hard to get garage time so reinventing the wheel just isn't going to happen.

Thank you guys for all of your responses

68 Camaro, LS1 T56, DSE Speed Kit 2, DSE Quadralink, DSE Mini Tub, Forgelines, Vintage Air, Dakota Digital, GM Tilt Column, Corbeau Seats
2012 Dodge 3500 4x4 6.7L Diesel CCSB

Last edited by DEIGuy38; 03-13-2012 at 12:05 AM.