View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camcojb View Post
nope, just me. Being self-employed for 25+ years and dealing with lawsuits involving injuries has me looking at things differently than most. I try to stay low risk, and to me that's above average risk of injury, but I do like the idea in general. As long as he's covered with liability insurance and doesn't mind the occasional lawsuit/depositions, etc. that our sue-crazy world has made a part of life for a business owner, then go for it.

Never said it couldn't be done, like the idea, just for me personally I would never want to own it just because of the liability part. I am sick and tired of being pulled into bs suits that I was not responsible for, but got hauled into because an attorney threw out a net and grabbed everyone who had ever set foot on the place an injury occurred. I just wanted him to be aware of that scenario, but if he's good with that go for it.
Not singling you out Jody. I have been self employed for 19 years and started 3 companies from scratch. I got tired of people bringing up obstacles when I was starting my stuff. I say go for it and find somebody that knows how to insure the thing (and you) properly.

Darren