View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 09:41 PM

3D printing.

Essentially, you create a 3D file, CAD/Solidworks drawing. Send it to someone and they print it in plastic. The machine essentially uses plastic wire to "print" the part!

It has been a while since I've done a cost analysis on wheels. The lats time I got an estimate to do it start to finish, sleeves centers and all was $250-300. For just sleeves, I would like to think I could get them done for $50 or so. but I'm afraid its going to end up closer to $100. Tires, to get them printed, it should only cost $20-30. I would get a pair of each printed so that they could be molded in pairs. I've heard rumors of the capability to print in rubber. That would make it much easier. Anyway, once I got the 3D prints, I would send them to someone to make molds. I know some people who create and sell resin copies of parts for the large scale models. I would essentially pay for the mold to be done and leave them with them and work out some deal to allow them to sell them. Typically molds cost anywhere from $50-200+

Artwork Page