View Single Post
Old 12-01-2015, 01:24 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Default Electric Throttle Pedal Installation

Finished the firewall pad installation so I needed to get the throttle pedal in the right spot in case I needed to trim the pad some more.
I Started by installing the stock pedal to take a few reference measurements. I don’t know if it is exactly right but the car drove well so I figured just copy it.

I ended up lengthening the pedal bracket tabs to fit the firewall contour the best.

I couldn’t work it out without making this little bracket. Maybe there is a better way but this worked. I will fill the stock pedal holes from the other side at a later date.

Here is how it fits.

I just chopped and slotted the pedal bracket to make a home for the stock pedal rod which was also chopped and hacked away from the stock mechanical pedal assy. I ended up lengthening the rod after this. I hate it when I cut stuff twice and it is still too short!!

The complete assembly in the middle and parts left-over on the left and right. I just like the look of the stock pedal better than the plastic one that comes with the electric assembly.

Here it is all together with the stock pedals.

Next move onto either the trans cross-member or radiator install, both pretty big jobs!

Last edited by SlowProgress; 01-22-2021 at 12:42 AM.