PDA

View Full Version : Enough venting for intercooler?

Flash68
03-25-2007, 03:06 PM
I am thinking of doing a 69 style lower valance on my 68 like in the pic attached here.

Do you think this would provide enough airflow for the IC?

How do the stock 69 guys get enough air though to their IC's?

thanks

camcojb
03-25-2007, 04:05 PM
some do this:

http://www.camcojb.com/twinturbo/IMG_0758.JPG

http://www.camcojb.com/twinturbo/IMG_0750.JPG

Flash68
03-25-2007, 09:07 PM
Hey Jody - thanks.
Anthony (awr68) actually linked that 2nd pic of yours in another thread of mine, which led me to start this one. Makes sense to me and looks good, but what about all those 69's who do not vent it? What are the negative effects, if any?

:question: Less air to the intercooler therefore less power as a result??

camcojb
03-25-2007, 09:40 PM
Hey Jody - thanks.
Anthony (awr68) actually linked that 2nd pic of yours in another thread of mine, which led me to start this one. Makes sense to me and looks good, but what about all those 69's who do not vent it? What are the negative effects, if any?

:question: Less air to the intercooler therefore less power as a result??

actually, the Mule doesn't have the valance cut, made over 1000 hp, and from riding in it I'd say it doesn't lack from power. :wow:

Jody

Flash68
03-25-2007, 09:59 PM
Very good point.

Well let me ask you this then.... why did you cut the vent if it doesn't seem to be necessary? :)

camcojb
03-25-2007, 10:30 PM
Very good point.

Well let me ask you this then.... why did you cut the vent if it doesn't seem to be necessary? :)

because obviously more air is better through the intercooler, and the front bumper/valance blocks off a lot of air. Doesn't mean you can't make power anyway, as you can, but I was trying to improve the situation.

Jody

Flash68
03-25-2007, 11:45 PM
because obviously more air is better through the intercooler, and the front bumper/valance blocks off a lot of air. Doesn't mean you can't make power anyway, as you can, but I was trying to improve the situation.

Jody

Thanks for the help. I have a lot to learn about this ProCharged motor and everything that goes with it! :_paranoid