PDA

View Full Version : Tire Mounting Question

jh99
02-06-2007, 07:19 PM
I just got a set of Intro wheels with the smooth lip. I have mounted many tires and different wheels, but never anything with a smooth lip. I know the tire has to mount from the back of the wheel, so how do you clamp the wheel without scratching the smooth lip??

DriverzInc
02-07-2007, 01:30 AM
What kind of tire mounting machine are you using? You really have to be careful, use alot of solution, I use alot of soap and water.

sinned
02-07-2007, 08:26 AM
The wheel gets mounted upside down in a rim clamp machine clamping the reverse method with rim protectors. This is NOT a job you want to attempt without a newer machine AND expereince.

4mm
02-07-2007, 04:35 PM
The wheel gets mounted upside down in a rim clamp machine clamping the reverse method with rim protectors. This is NOT a job you want to attempt without a newer machine AND expereince.

Exactly, the rim protectors are plastic sleeves that are the shape of the steel clamps that hold the rim of the wheel. I just had mine mounted today and they used the rim protectors. The wheels had to be mounted upside down since they are reverse lip (smooth lip): not one scratch on any of them.

jh99
02-11-2007, 01:54 AM
Thanks for the help. I have a Focus rim clamp machine with the plastic covers. I just wanted to make sure that is the proper way to do it. I would be sick if I scratced my new wheels.