PDA

View Full Version : Edelbrock Pro Flow troubleshooting

mike23109
11-10-2006, 09:18 AM
I've got a Pro Flow on my 383 ProCharged small block. Within the past few months I've noticed my control module will spontaneously reset when I'm in a program screen. This occurs without notice during varying engine loads. I've rechecked all of my electrical connections, looks good. I've contacted Edelbrock and they are at a loss as to what is going on. I've also had them check out my control module. Everything looks good. Any ideas?

camcojb
11-10-2006, 09:55 AM
I want to know how you're running that system with a blower? It only runs a 1 bar map sensor and you're going into boost, which necessitates at least a 2 bar map depending on boost level. How are you tuning the boost area?

Jody

mike23109
11-11-2006, 08:16 AM
I've upgraded to larger injectors and installed a fuel management unit. It works pretty well. I've had no trouble with until recently.

camcojb
11-11-2006, 11:07 AM
I've upgraded to larger injectors and installed a fuel management unit. It works pretty well. I've had no trouble with until recently.

Well, no idea what is happening with the unit. But if you cannot tune in boost other than using an FMU to up the fuel pressure you are playing with fire.

I would highly recommend getting a different computer like FAST, Gen VII Accel, Bigstuff 3, Autronics, etc. to tune the car with. You could re-use your intake, throttle body, injectors, fuel pump, etc. I would never recommend a system as basic as the Edelbrock on a supercharged engine, which it is not made for.

Not what you're asking, I understand that. But just in case someone else tries to use the Edelbrock for a forced induction I wanted it said.

Jody

mike23109
11-12-2006, 10:11 AM
Thanks for the input, I'll look into those systems. Mike