PDA

View Full Version : Mule 200 mph video; view from rear of car

camcojb
03-14-2005, 11:03 AM
Mule 200 mph chassis dyno (http://www.camcojb.com/videos/Mule200.mpg)

Jody

907rs
03-14-2005, 11:15 AM
Tease!!!!! :D

XcYZ
03-14-2005, 01:09 PM
:hail: :hail:

Ummgawa
03-14-2005, 02:29 PM
Dear God and Sunny Jesus I love that car!!

JamesJ
03-14-2005, 03:22 PM
I like the fact that there are chains holding it down. If you get a 250MPH dyno then I may have to bring the Bonneville car up, you donít mind yellow clouds do you :unibrow:

61Bubbletop
03-15-2005, 02:23 PM
:hail: :willy: :hail: :thumbsup:

CAMAROBOY69
07-20-2005, 10:42 AM
I really like this video of the Mule and Malitude on the 2005 Hot Rod Power tour. :hail:
http://www.lateral-g.org/movies/2005hrpt.wmv

streetfytr68
07-20-2005, 11:10 AM
Very cool. what was the actual top speed during the simulation?
/Steevo

PhaseShift
07-20-2005, 01:01 PM
See, I have been telling my wife that we need more motor in our RS, but she just won't listen.

awr68
07-20-2005, 10:32 PM
That PT vid really gets me reved up!! It just proves they truely were built to be driven...very cool stuff!!!

Y-TRY
07-21-2005, 12:34 AM
I LOVE that car....

200mph isn't a question of power and rpm without wind resistance.

I'd like to BE ABLE TO challenge that car against my low-buck turbo car. I know I could never compete with the fit/finish of that car, but bring my blow-thru carb's 406 twin turbo against that car and it will be my muscle against his finesse (and muscle) .

That video is AWESOME!!!! BTW. The Mule said " SEE YA!" Vive Camaro!! I wish there was vids after the twin turbo conversion.

(Okay, somewhat fixed)

JamesJ
07-21-2005, 12:41 AM
If i remember, that has wind calculated in it. heck my N/A 243ci car runs 211mph so far (should hit 225 in a month), just depends on what you want to do with it.

zbugger
07-21-2005, 12:44 AM
I LOVE that car....

However, I say "Bring it!" 200mph isn't a question of power and rpm without wind resistance.

I'd like to chellenge that car against my low-buck turbo car. I know I could never compete with the fit/finish of that car, but bring my blow-thru carb's 406 twin turbo against that car and it will be my muscle against his finesse (and muscle) . I've finally built my car to be right-up-there and I am willling to prove it.

It's just because I feel a since of accomplishment with my car and am so confident that I'll call Chralie out with the Mule.

Win or lose, I feel okay about being a challenege. Dyno/dyno or track/track. Bring it.
Rough it with me.
Ooohhhh.... Dem'z fytin wurdz...

Lemme get my tape measure so I can start on the casket now. :P Just kidding.

camcojb
07-21-2005, 12:52 AM
I LOVE that car....

However, I say "Bring it!" 200mph isn't a question of power and rpm without wind resistance.

I'd like to chellenge that car against my low-buck turbo car. I know I could never compete with the fit/finish of that car, but bring my blow-thru carb's 406 twin turbo against that car and it will be my muscle against his finesse (and muscle) . I've finally built my car to be right-up-there and I am willling to prove it.

It's just because I feel a sense of accomplishment with my car and am so confident that I'll call Chralie out with the Mule.

Win or lose, I feel okay about being a challenege. Dyno/dyno or track/track. Bring it.
Rough it with me.

That video is AWESOME!!!! BTW. The Mule said " SEE YA!" Vive Camaro!! I wish there was vids after ti=he twin turbo conversion.

That dyno is loaded to compensate for wind resistance, etc. So if you do 200 mph on it you'll likely do 200 mph on an open road. Plus it has a few things to keep it on the ground at speed that you don't.

Methinks you've bitten off more than you can chew. You're going to need 1000 HP and a car that is geared for it and can stay on the ground at that speed.

Jody

Y-TRY
07-21-2005, 01:04 AM
Ooohhhh.... Dem'z fytin wurdz...

Lemme get my tape measure so I can start on the casket now. :P Just kidding.

I'm a rough-neck street-racer. I easily get all-ruffled-up. I admire the Mule and both Mark Stielow and Charlie Lillard. I met Charile once and thought he was a really cool guy.

jannes_z-28
07-21-2005, 01:41 AM
Very cool. what was the actual top speed during the simulation?
/Steevo

The dyno got an "Overspeed Error" at 200 mph http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/images/smilies/eek.gif http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/images/smilies/biggrin1.gif

Jan

Blown353
07-21-2005, 01:42 AM
Making the power to push our "old bricks" to 200 isn't a very difficult task anymore with all the options out there. As Jody said, the trick is keeping the car in contact with the pavement at that speed. It's terrifying when the nose of the car gets so light that the steering wheel no longer seems connected to the tires. Factory spoilers or not, Camaros and their 1960's barn-door aerodynamics and lift instead of downforce will likely be terrifying at such speeds. It may not be a Camaro, but I've pushed my car up to 175mph running side by side with a friend's Viper GTS Coupe and I wouldn't do it again-- I got a very good look at the bright light and I don't care to see it again anytime soon. :eek: Yes, it was that scary. I think you'd have a very similar experience in a stock-bodied Camaro with no Aero trickery.

I've been just under 200 in a car before, but it had the aerodymanics to handle it (Ferrari F-40.) A much more stable and in-control experience, at least when I was driving. I was a very uneasy passenger going that fast.

My tires may be Y-rated to 186mph, but I know what would probably happen if I tried to reach/exceed that. Think of a flying car a-la Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang, but without any flight controls. I suppose at that point you could use the doors for rudimentary yaw control... :willy:

My suggestion, for your own sake, is to keep the talk of 200mph just that: talk. Unless you want to call the FAA and get a tail number assigned...

Troy

Stuart Adams
07-21-2005, 07:03 AM
Alot of cars will do 200mph. But like Jody said keeping it on the ground is another thing. A car going that fast is going to want to FLY with any chance it gets. You have seen those Nascar cars go flying with just a tiny bump. I would never want to be in a car going 200mph on the street, that just sounds terrifying. Not that Charley would do it, my money is on the MULE. :unibrow:

CAMAROBOY69
07-21-2005, 07:18 AM
I wish there was vids after the twin turbo conversion.
I believe those videos were after the twin turbo conversion since they are from 2005. Listen to them spool up as he pulls away on the highway. :unibrow:

Y-TRY
07-21-2005, 11:08 AM
Ya know... sometimes I hit the town and come home to post on boards. Then, like today, I wake up and smack my forehead. I sure wish I could delete that post!! Did I just call out The Mule?!

200mph is CRAZY talk. You guys know of my 70-130 burnout and how the car lifts at even that speed. 200 mph is a serious aerodynamic challenge. I think my trim will fly off approaching that speed. I'd need some real wingage for a jaunt like that.

Great videos, BTW. I love that car to pieces! :bow:

CAMAROBOY69
07-21-2005, 11:22 AM
Ya know... sometimes I hit the town and come home to post on boards. Then, like today, I wake up and smack my forehead. I sure wish I could delete that post!! Did I just call out The Mule?!

200mph is CRAZY talk. You guys know of my 70-130 burnout and how the car lifts at even that speed. 200 mph is a serious aerodynamic challenge. I think my trim will fly off approaching that speed. I'd need some real wingage for a jaunt like that.

You can EDIT the post. :thumbsup:

camcojb
07-21-2005, 01:16 PM

That's exactly it Nathan. It's nothing against you, but even with the power the car has to remain stable or you're going to be in a world of trouble. You know what 130 mph felt like; now imagine 200!

By the way, e-mail me if you're serious about editing this out of the post.

Jody

clill
07-21-2005, 01:50 PM
"Very cool. what was the actual top speed during the simulation?"
/Steevo

Steve.. When it hit 200 the dyno went into the "Warning, over speed" mode and aborted the run so 200 was it.
Y-Try... Your car might beat mine as I don't know what you are making for power. As for going 200 mph in the real world, I don't even think the Mule is ready for it yet. We figure it still needs more spoiler on the front to keep the nose down. Big Red did it by pie cutting the front fenders to drop the nose more but I'm not will to go that route. I know we have the power but until I get it out somewhere it is just bench racing. I remember Mark with the Red Witch blowing windshield trim off at speed till he figured out someone had sold him the wrong trim clips.....

Huxsol81
07-21-2005, 02:05 PM
So does this mean no race??? :mad:

Y-TRY
07-21-2005, 02:49 PM
I'm just doing some friendly ribbing. No races will come from it. There's not really a specific challenge even. My car is no comparison to the Mule, except maybe on a dyno, but not without a ton more boost and an intercooler. (this is the sound of me back-peddling).

That's a cool dyno, though. I don't know of one down here that can simulate wind resistance. I think my point about dyno vs. real world is about all the other things mentioned (aerodynamics, downforce, lift-off, etc.) But I'm certainly not knocking the accomplishment of that car. I'm not THAT stupid.

I've edited the post, but it's been qouted so much that it will still be read. So I guess we can leave it for fun. It seems I get a bit big for my britches after a couple pitchers.

Speaking of, what kind of power has the Mule's turbo set-up made now?

CAMAROBOY69
07-21-2005, 03:38 PM
Speaking of, what kind of power has the Mule's turbo set-up made now?
Over 1,000hp with the TT setup. I had a picture of the dyno sheet from the 2004 power tour but its at home. I know there are members here that know right away the exact amount of HP the Mule pulls now.

clill
07-21-2005, 09:42 PM
Dyno sheet

nvawgn
07-21-2005, 10:59 PM
you guys are acting like a bunch of sissy boys, need i remind you that camaro's hit the 200 mile per hour mark on a regular basis. it's all about the driver and practice.
link (http://www.patmusi.com/musi_racing.htm)

camcojb
07-21-2005, 11:13 PM
you guys are acting like a bunch of sissy boys, need i remind you that camaro's hit the 200 mile per hour mark on a regular basis. it's all about the driver and practice.
link (http://www.patmusi.com/musi_racing.htm)

Just a LITTLE bit different body than a street car, wouldn't you say??!!!!!!!!!! Lets see you drive that front end height down a normal street, and we won't even go into the wings!

Jody

Y-TRY
07-22-2005, 12:15 AM
Dyno sheet

Great, just great. "Hey everyone...Look at the dumbass from Texas calling out the 1000hp Mule!!"

They have this foamy stuff down here that, when consumed in great quantities, makes the consumer truly believe he is 10-foot tall and bulletproof.

Does that report say "60psi" ? That can't be right. Maybe 20, right?

nvawgn
07-22-2005, 12:41 AM
come on jody this is nmca not pro-mod, the body is pretty near the same and musi donesn't run a wing( maybe a small one) and besides you follow drag racing right, i know you have seen some shoe boxes run near 200 or plus as long as the road is straight and flat i don't see why not. i say it just depends on how much money a person has to invest, safety, balls and brains are extra :rolleyes: Just a LITTLE bit different body than a street car, wouldn't you say??!!!!!!!!!! Lets see you drive that front end height down a normal street, and we won't even go into the wings!

Jody

am i banned again?

907rs
07-22-2005, 02:31 AM
700 foot pounds at 3900? Thats insane! No wonder it pulls like a crotch rocket! :hail:

zbugger
07-22-2005, 02:44 AM
.....am i banned again?

WOO HOO!!!! I'm not alone in the corner anymore!!! :willy:

streetfytr68
07-22-2005, 08:00 AM
I remember a great picture of the Thrasher in PHR a few years back. When they did One Lap, Mark ran the car on the oval at Michigan. I don't remember the speed, but it sure as heck was NOT 200mph. The car looked like it was doing a wheelie.

You wanna run that puppie up , you'll need a big, strong front spoiler, and an adjustable rake rear spoiler is advisable for tuning. It can all be done bolt-on.
Dirk Van Zuuk has built a nice example. It might be a bit "small" for 200mph, but then again, he will never reach that speed. It won't fold over like the factory part. A rear spoiler is in the works.
/Steevo

MarkM66
07-22-2005, 09:23 AM
I remember a great picture of the Thrasher in PHR a few years back. When they did One Lap, Mark ran the car on the oval at Michigan. I don't remember the speed, but it sure as heck was NOT 200mph. The car looked like it was doing a wheelie./Steevo

I too remember that very well. I emailed Mark about that back in the day. I think he said he was doing close to 170, and that was about top speed for that car.

XcYZ
07-22-2005, 09:28 AM
Steve, that front spoiler looks cool. :thumbsup:

camcojb
07-22-2005, 09:51 AM
come on jody this is nmca not pro-mod, the body is pretty near the same and musi donesn't run a wing( maybe a small one) and besides you follow drag racing right, i know you have seen some shoe boxes run near 200 or plus as long as the road is straight and flat i don't see why not. i say it just depends on how much money a person has to invest, safety, balls and brains are extra :rolleyes:
am i banned again?

I'll think about it!!!!!!!:D Actually, what I'm saying is that I do not think a standard bodied 69 Camaro can be driven to 200 MPH without some sort of mods to keep the car on the ground. Like mentioned above, the Thrasher was lifting a LOT at speeds well below 200 MPH. So balls or not, you're not going to make it in one piece.

Any drag car I've seen go that fast has a super low front end, large rake, usually a large rear spoiler. There is a reason for this and being that you're asking these guys with their street cars to go that fast I'm thinking they'll need to incorporate something to give them a good chance of doing so safely. They don't have the huge rake, super-low front end, or big wings.

There will be a 200 mph street driven 69 Camaro, guarantee it. But not until they get some aero mods done.

Jody

nvawgn
07-22-2005, 11:13 AM
OK i agree with you Jody, but let us say in drag racing the mods can be minimal because of it's flat track and lack of corners and curves and mucho, mucho horsepower. i was trying to say i think there are plenty of drag cars that could possibly reach the 200 mph mark with a larger motor and with some type of body mods be them very few and just to think if the tracks were longer, say a mile or two.
i also think the mule could reach the 200 mph mark with a few mods a small wing and some lowering but i would also not want drive it or ask somebody else to drive without more cage, 200 mph is just crazy banannas.

I'll think about it!!!!!!!:D Actually, what I'm saying is that I do not think a standard bodied 69 Camaro can be driven to 200 MPH without some sort of mods to keep the car on the ground. Like mentioned above, the Thrasher was lifting a LOT at speeds well below 200 MPH. So balls or not, you're not going to make it in one piece.

Any drag car I've seen go that fast has a super low front end, large rake, usually a large rear spoiler. There is a reason for this and being that you're asking these guys with their street cars to go that fast I'm thinking they'll need to incorporate something to give them a good chance of doing so safely. They don't have the huge rake, super-low front end, or big wings.

There will be a 200 mph street driven 69 Camaro, guarantee it. But not until they get some aero mods done.

Jody

nvawgn
07-22-2005, 11:16 AM
nice place you have here zbugger, what time is dinner or do we get table scraps? :( WOO HOO!!!! I'm not alone in the corner anymore!!! :willy:

Stuart Adams
07-22-2005, 03:01 PM
I've been in some nice 1st. gen. camaros but there ain't none I would be comfortable at 200 mph in, period. Just picturing the Nextel guys holding on to a vibrating shaky steering wheel in the corners is enough for me to have no part of 200mph. in any 69 Camaro. Maybe Charley's Benz!! :thumbsup:

Derek69SS
07-22-2005, 03:49 PM
Let me drive it :unibrow: :drive:

I'll break 200mph or die trying :_paranoid :unibrow: the important thing is, we'll know :willy:

XcYZ
07-22-2005, 03:52 PM
I don't know, Derek, the last time I saw you driving a car you had to start it with a hand crank! :D

race-rodz
07-22-2005, 04:10 PM
street driven 200mph challenge in the works? is this limited to just cars? i been wanting to do a turbo busa for a while now. in my quest for 200mph.... i dont need a cage, seatbelts, or doors...please send cash instead of flowers to the funeral :D

Derek69SS
07-22-2005, 04:11 PM
But one day, when I'm going down-hill, with the wind, and the planets are aligned properly, I'll break 50mph with that car... Then who'll be laughing? Huh? Huh? :D :lolhit:

zbugger
07-22-2005, 07:19 PM
nice place you have here zbugger, what time is dinner or do we get table scraps? :(
Hah... Don't you wish. We'll just have to keep on hunting for the roaches. Kinda crunchy, but you get used to them. Thanks Jody.

nvawgn
07-23-2005, 10:26 AM
cockroaches! there has to be another way :eek: Hah... Don't you wish. We'll just have to keep on hunting for the roaches. Kinda crunchy, but you get used to them. Thanks Jody.

07-23-2005, 10:18 PM
I would try and go 200 in the Mule with a grill plug, a better chin spoiler and a parachute for emergency stopping power. When the car went 200 on the dyno it was at 760hp to the wheels and 12psi. It did the run in .87 of a mile.
The boost on the engine dyno was about 16psi to produce 4 digit power.

Any newer Mustang dyno can simulate aero drag. The only problem is the programing does not go older than 1973. For the Mule's run we called it a 73 Nova as that is a comparable aero car, probably a little worse than a 69 Camaro. Just before the dyno screen switched to the overspeed warning, I saw 202 in the mph box. It was very loud in the cell and I am glad I was there.

Kurt

PS: Charley, the Malitude has a tire smoking problem from a dead stop!!

camcojb
07-23-2005, 11:18 PM
PS: Charley, the Malitude has a tire smoking problem from a dead stop!!

He's gonna love the new converter and hydraulic roller!:thumbsup:

Jody

clill
07-23-2005, 11:22 PM
"PS: Charley, the Malitude has a tire smoking problem from a dead stop!!"

I heard...

nvawgn
07-25-2005, 01:33 PM
have you guys read the new super chevy yet, anyways in the pamona SCS section there is an article on two 55 chevy's(BLUE AND WHITE) the only difference i can see is the nitro car is dropped in the front, small wing plus a fiber glass hood and trunk at 3000lbs. now if that 55 can hit 201 w/ 7sec pass shirley a camaro can do it, right?

907rs
07-26-2005, 12:20 AM
What about that Fox bodied Mustang Car Craft built to go 200 10+? years ago?

I know that car's not as much as an aerodynamic brick as a first gen Camaro, but as I remember they did pull it off with not to many body mods other than duct tape.

XcYZ
07-27-2005, 07:35 AM
Where's the video of your car? Or are you chicken?

CAMAROBOY69
07-27-2005, 07:40 AM
I would rather see the Mule go 75MPH on a raceway or autocross event than watching it go 200mph on a huge oval track. If I wanted to see something go 200mph I would watch Nascar. Why risk Charlies life or destroy the Mule by going 200mph. We know its capable of it and the dyno video was cool enough for me. The drive by on the 2005 power tour video was cool too. I like that one the best so far. Thanks for sharing it. :thumbsup:

907rs
07-27-2005, 08:32 AM
Where's the video of your car? Or are you chicken?

I saw one....... Of it idling. :rolleyes:

Ummgawa
07-27-2005, 10:51 AM
I bet the Mule could jump Snake River if you got it going fast enough, I however, will leave that the the Kenevil Family. I could also wipe my butt with the Abraham Lincoln letter I possess,it is paper after all, but I won't. The Mule has not one damn thing to impress me any further with. It is the the preeminent Bad Ass Pro Touring 69 .

Period.

CAMAROBOY69
07-27-2005, 01:10 PM
I thought I recognized the razzing replies. I am pretty sure this is Yody from Pro-Touring. Welcome to the site Cody.
Yes I would like to see video of it driving around with all the missing parts. :thumbsup:

Jims78elky
07-27-2005, 10:13 PM
I bet the Mule could jump Snake River if you got it going fast enough, I however, will leave that the the Kenevil Family. I could also wipe my butt with the Abraham Lincoln letter I possess,it is paper after all, but I won't. The Mule has not one damn thing to impress me any further with. It is the the preeminent Bad Ass Pro Touring 69 .

Period.

LOL!!!!

Dam! I gotta get a new monitor now! I lost it on the snake river thing! lol..

This site is so cool! *Don't drink soda looking at this site* PEEEWF!

Kidding put to the side,the mule is the king of pro-touring,and if it does 200
or 25 its a awesome build and pro-touring/hot-rodding at its best! Its
cars like the mule that keep the hobby interesting and enjoyable for all
and where the hobby is today.

Awesome car again!! :thumbsup:

Now,if only jody would get his butt in gear on his 69 project :hail:

Remember jody--less work-more fun---less work--more toys--less work,oops
my wife came in..ok a little work! :unibrow:

Jim :D

clill
07-28-2005, 09:45 AM
Well as my first official post here i will say;
Shall I dare say it? has the Mule fallen victim of the dreaded "dyno-queen"??? I have always really liked the mule, to me it is the flagship of pro-touring, but seeing it do a VIRTUAL run doens't do anything to me. I have seen about 4-5 posts of rear wheel dyno sessions. Who cares? We already know that it has over 1000hp, watching it on the dyno is boring. I wanna see it on the track!! I did see the videos of it on powertour which was really cool. Glad to see its being driven,(not that any of charlies cars don't get driven) Common Charlie! get that car back and lets see some real videos!! Or are you chicken :_paranoid .....woops.... did i say that? :eek: Sounds like there are more plans in store for the mule, I can't wait to see! Hopefully it involves some real life racing!

You always seem to have a way with balancing your insults with compliments to try and make the insults OK. Dyno Queen ? Lemme see. I have driven it on the last 3 Power Tours and I think I've put about 8000 miles on it. I think the video of the engine in the car on the dyno pulling 6th gear while watching the headers glow bright red was pretty awsome. It has been on a chassis dyno twice since being built and it is a dyno queen ? Maybe you have watched the video too many times and your perspective is slanted toward thinking it spends all it's time there. If I get it to a track and have a chance to make a video that will be great but it is not high on my priorty list.

61Bubbletop
07-28-2005, 11:38 AM
I would say that pretty much sums it up....

It never ceases to amaze me the inferences and purely irresponsible speculation that people make into "Fact", and based off of a couple of videos :rolleyes: .....8000 miles is hardly a dyno queen in my book....and the fact that the car was originally built by someone who has done more laps around the "'Ring" short of a full time European racer, and has probably forgotton more about suspension tuning and development that anyone here will ever know, leaves no doubt in my mind as the pedigree, and performance capability of the car...Does Clill have to go 200 in the Silver State with the car to impress me? Not a chance. I appreciate it for what it is, an finely engineered automobile, and one that I would love to own.

As far as the "Chicken" comment...Grow up or get lost, this is a very tight community, and that stuff doesn't fly here....end of story.

camcojb
07-28-2005, 12:33 PM
It does amaze me how people think they get to determine how someone elses car should be built, driven, etc. :rolleyes:

Jody

nvawgn
07-28-2005, 04:11 PM
my point was that i think 200mph is within reach , i'm sure the mule could run 200 plus but safety first, not many people are willing to risk their lives to see if their car or they can do it. 200mph in any car is fast be it a camaro, ferrarri, porsche, nitro-car or what ever.

Streetking
07-28-2005, 04:18 PM
Well as my first official post here i will say;
Shall I dare say it? has the Mule fallen victim of the dreaded "dyno-queen"??? I have always really liked the mule, to me it is the flagship of pro-touring, but seeing it do a VIRTUAL run doens't do anything to me. I have seen about 4-5 posts of rear wheel dyno sessions. Who cares? We already know that it has over 1000hp, watching it on the dyno is boring. I wanna see it on the track!! I did see the videos of it on powertour which was really cool. Glad to see its being driven,(not that any of charlies cars don't get driven) Common Charlie! get that car back and lets see some real videos!! Or are you chicken :_paranoid .....woops.... did i say that? :eek: Sounds like there are more plans in store for the mule, I can't wait to see! Hopefully it involves some real life racing!

Well, this is my first post here also and I don't think you know what you are talking about.. I don't "know" Charlie, but have talked to him last year on the phone when I was first getting into Camaros. He is a friend of a friend of mine. Everything I have read about him seems to point out that he loves powerful cars and isn't "afraid" to use them. I have alot of respect for someone willing to put 8k miles on a beautiful one off car like his. I drive the hell out of all my cars and most of them see alot of track time, but I'm sure Charlie is a busy guy and probably has even less time than me to go to the track, so I wouldn't go around and call someone "chicken" unless you really know them..

SW

Y-TRY
07-28-2005, 06:19 PM
Well, this is my first post here also and I don't think you know what you are talking about.. I don't "know" Charlie, but have talked to him last year on the phone when I was first getting into Camaros. He is a friend of a friend of mine. Everything I have read about him seems to point out that he loves powerful cars and isn't "afraid" to use them. I have alot of respect for someone willing to put 8k miles on a beautiful one off car like his. I drive the hell out of all my cars and most of them see alot of track time, but I'm sure Charlie is a busy guy and probably has even less time than me to go to the track, so I wouldn't go around and call someone "chicken" unless you really know them..

SW

SW, I ID'd you from the list of cars in your sig before I even saw it on your post. Welcome aboard. I'm looking forward to seeing your '69 over at 1431 soon. If it's been there, I must have missed it. Post your info over in "Introductions". It's a great car!! :thumbsup:

I'll have my car back in Austin soon. I think Mark is sicking the 'Busa's on me. :unibrow:

Derek69SS
07-28-2005, 07:06 PM
It does amaze me how people think they get to determine how someone elses car should be built, driven, etc.

Your car needs pink accents, sidepipes, and Keystone Classics... only then will it truly be cool. :_paranoid ;)

As someone sitting on the sidelines, this topic has provided me with boatloads of amusement :D Most of us can only wish we had a car like yours, :hail: and I think those who talk **** are the most jealous of any of us. :P

XcYZ
07-28-2005, 09:50 PM
Cody, I don't appreciate you coming to my website and start talking crap about my friends on your very first post. I put a TON of effort and energy into this, and I'm not going to let some kid with an attitude start running his mouth about what his expectations are of someone else's car or project as if you were some sort of expert.

You seem to have a real problem with the chassis dyno video - well guess what, it's been downloaded over 3,000 times this month alone, so obviously people enjoy it. If you don't like it, don't watch it.

It's one thing to offer constructive criticism or disagree with how something is done, but it's totally another when you start throwing out those 'chicken' statements.

jonny51
07-28-2005, 10:54 PM
I like puppies!

907rs
07-28-2005, 10:58 PM
How about those pancakes?

streetfytr68
07-29-2005, 08:22 AM
Cody,
I think it's time for you to start your own forum.
/Steevo

67Sally
07-29-2005, 09:09 PM
Remember that you have to use vanilla to do them right.

streetfytr68
07-30-2005, 10:39 AM
How does vanilla help you start a forum? :goofy:

Ummgawa
07-30-2005, 11:10 AM
Think Pancakes, Steevo, Pancakes. :yes:

Or Vanilla Puppies :eek:

streetfytr68
07-30-2005, 01:01 PM
Oh.

07-31-2005, 10:04 PM
My perspective: "That sure is a fast car you got there mister".
My thoughts: It will go 200mph.
These are based on driving the "Mule", although never over 14X. I did drive it 18X on the dyno in 5th to test the tune. The sound was unforgetable!
The top speed of this car is cool, but the mild manners it still has is the hard part.

Kurt

I miss the car already Charley.....

ProdigyCustoms
08-01-2005, 09:06 AM
Amazing disappearing post!

DCreations
08-01-2005, 12:38 PM
The power tour video of the mule is sweet!!!! it looked like he just barley got on it. That car is so fast!!! :thumbsup:

907rs
08-01-2005, 04:11 PM
The power tour video of the mule is sweet!!!! it looked like he just barley got on it. That car is so fast!!! :thumbsup:

Yeah, you can blame Scott for not getting any really good footage, as he was too busy hanging on when Charley really got into it. :D

Smack_talker
08-01-2005, 07:30 PM
I drove behind that car a few times on HR power tour...that car was SWEET :yes:

DCreations
08-02-2005, 02:45 PM
Yeah, you can blame Scott for not getting any really good footage, as he was too busy hanging on when Charley really got into it. :D

How much does Charley charge for a ride in the mule? :P