PDA

View Full Version : New product release *TT manifold & waste gate*

slow4dr
05-05-2006, 11:11 PM
I would like to formally introduce a new manifold and waste gate for the Banks SBC Twin Turbo system. The inlets and outlets of the manifold were completely redesigned to increase flow, reduce back pressure & drop EGT's. The CNC takes care of any imperfections on the inlets and outlets. The waste gate portion of the manifold has also been been modifed, this combined with the new 44mm v-band waste gates from Tial make boost control much more precise. Great flow with the durability & strength of a manifold. All of this and no price change on the Turbo systems. :thumbsup:

Here are some comparison pictures of the old manifolds/waste gates and the new ones.

New manifold is on the right.
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e260/slow4dr/HPIM0659.jpg

New manifold is on the bottom.
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e260/slow4dr/HPIM0657.jpg

New manifold and Tial 44mm waste gate on the right.(Old waste gates were 38mm)
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e260/slow4dr/HPIM0658.jpg

camcojb
05-06-2006, 12:05 AM
Looks awesome Jason. Is Mr. Banks still not wanting to sell these separately?

Jody

slow4dr
05-06-2006, 08:57 AM
Looks awesome Jason. Is Mr. Banks still not wanting to sell these separately?

Jody

He prefers to sell a complete system instead of separate parts but they are available separately at inflated costs. This can work in your favor if I sell a complete kit but delete one or two items you don't want. For instance if someone was interested in the manifolds, waste gates and turbochargers ONLY these parts would cost $4400.

warriorbob
05-08-2006, 07:18 AM
Jason

all i can say is that the pics dont do them justice
the manifolds and wastegates are awsume!!!!!!

bob

slow4dr
05-08-2006, 10:26 AM
Jason

all i can say is that the pics dont do them justice
the manifolds and wastegates are awsume!!!!!!

bob

:thumbsup:

Thanks Bob, I can't wait to see the green machine up & running.

-J

Slick
05-09-2006, 10:08 AM
I've seen them up close and personal as well, it is nice work.

Jason, any word on the oil lines etc? A friend of mine in town is getting anxious to make some power :) I think he's been calling you about once a week since November...Jay from PA ;)

slow4dr
05-09-2006, 11:19 AM
I've seen them up close and personal as well, it is nice work.

Jason, any word on the oil lines etc? A friend of mine in town is getting anxious to make some power :) I think he's been calling you about once a week since November...Jay from PA ;)

:thumbsup: Jay with the last name I can never pronounce. :lol: I haven't seen the lines yet. :(

Bowtieracing
05-10-2006, 02:06 PM
Jason , how about casting manifolds for the LSx engines?

slow4dr
05-10-2006, 02:53 PM
Jason , how about casting manifolds for the LSx engines?

Hopefully someday.

Wilkinshc
05-15-2006, 01:35 AM
Would be nice to see some for BBC too.

slow4dr
05-15-2006, 09:48 AM
Would be nice to see some for BBC too.

Gale plans to design the big block kit next but it may be a year or so.

chuntington
05-15-2006, 12:54 PM
how about doing some SBC ones that mount the turbo in the middle of the manifold rather than at the end???

thanks Chris.

chuntington
05-15-2006, 03:29 PM
how about doing some SBC ones that mount the turbo in the middle of the manifold rather than at the end???

thanks Chris.

or could you simply swing the manifolds around so the turbos sit at the back of the enigne (for a mid engined set up)????

thanks Chris.

slow4dr
05-15-2006, 05:00 PM
or could you simply swing the manifolds around so the turbos sit at the back of the enigne (for a mid engined set up)????

thanks Chris.

Yes, the manifolds can be reversed.

boonedog
05-23-2006, 05:42 PM
[QUOTE=slow4dr]I would like to formally introduce a new manifold and waste gate for the Banks SBC Twin Turbo system. The inlets and outlets of the manifold were completely redesigned to increase flow, reduce back pressure & drop EGT's. The CNC takes care of any imperfections on the inlets and outlets. The waste gate portion of the manifold has also been been modifed, this combined with the new 44mm v-band waste gates from Tial make boost control much more precise. Great flow with the durability & strength of a manifold. All of this and no price change on the Turbo systems. :thumbsup:

Here are some comparison pictures of the old manifolds/waste gates and the new ones.

New manifold is on the right.
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e260/slow4dr/HPIM0659.jpg

New manifold is on the bottom.
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e260/slow4dr/HPIM0657.jpg

New manifold and Tial 44mm waste gate on the right.(Old waste gates were 38mm)
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e260/slow4dr/HPIM0658.jpg

Is there any possible way i could get a price on the manifolds themselves already have tial 44 wastegates and t67 turbos.

let me know

slow4dr
05-23-2006, 05:53 PM
Is there any possible way i could get a price on the manifolds themselves already have tial 44 wastegates and t67 turbos.

let me know

Yes, the manifolds are available separately. See this link for price. http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=23

boonedog
05-23-2006, 10:20 PM
what cam profile works best with these manifolds looking for about the most agressive you can get the cam in my engine now is 254/248 686/683 115lsa 113 icl its pretty aggressive.

thanks

slow4dr
05-24-2006, 09:18 AM
what cam profile works best with these manifolds looking for about the most agressive you can get the cam in my engine now is 254/248 686/683 115lsa 113 icl its pretty aggressive.

thanks

I would recommend talking to a cam manufacturer for your specific cam needs. To give you an idea we had 240/242 600/600 & 114 on the cam we made 1120HP with.

boonedog
05-24-2006, 11:45 AM
I would recommend talking to a cam manufacturer for your specific cam needs. To give you an idea we had 240/242 600/600 & 114 on the cam we made 1120HP with.

was this at the wheels? How much boost?
thanks

slow4dr
05-24-2006, 12:27 PM
was this at the wheels? How much boost?
thanks

No, that was flywheel HP with 20 psi and 100 octane unleaded.

boonedog
05-24-2006, 03:27 PM
No, that was flywheel HP with 20 psi and 100 octane unleaded.

do they have egt bungs in them or do you have to drill and tap for them? Will the work with any plug configuration angled or straight? will they work on a lt1?

thanks sorry to ask so many questions

slow4dr
05-24-2006, 03:33 PM
do they have egt bungs in them or do you have to drill and tap for them? Will the work with any plug configuration angled or straight? will they work on a lt1?

thanks sorry to ask so many questions

They are drilled and tapped for 1/4" NPT from the factory, any plug configuration will work, and they will work on a LT1.

-J

boonedog
05-24-2006, 04:16 PM
They are drilled and tapped for 1/4" NPT from the factory, any plug configuration will work, and they will work on a LT1.

-J

thanks 1795.00 is the price right? Ill be in touch and ordering some from you.

again thanks for all the help

slow4dr
05-24-2006, 04:27 PM
thanks 1795.00 is the price right? Ill be in touch and ordering some from you.

again thanks for all the help

Yes, that is correct. I look forward to setting you up. :thumbsup:

-J

fullboost
07-10-2006, 10:51 PM
How about raising the turbo flange a little bit? I've heard of guys running bigger turbos and having clearance issues on the valve cover and a 1" spacer fixed it and you can still take the valve covers off without removing the turbo. Maybe as an option for those wanting to run bigger turbos on these manifolds?

fullboost
07-10-2006, 11:03 PM
Do you recommend polishing, chroming, powdercoating or heat coating these manifolds and would it be beneficial to port and polish the insides for better exhaust flow?

slow4dr
07-11-2006, 09:04 AM
How about raising the turbo flange a little bit? I've heard of guys running bigger turbos and having clearance issues on the valve cover and a 1" spacer fixed it and you can still take the valve covers off without removing the turbo. Maybe as an option for those wanting to run bigger turbos on these manifolds?

We no longer offer the spacer plates but they are available through most turbo resellers like Turbonetics or PTE.

Do you recommend polishing, chroming, powdercoating or heat coating these manifolds and would it be beneficial to port and polish the insides for better exhaust flow?

Polishing, powder coating and chroming is up to the end user and his/her preference of appearance. Porting & polishing the inside of the manifold can definitely effect overall flow, performance and spool up ina positive manner.

threestar40
07-12-2006, 08:01 AM
Finally finished assembly on my banks twin turbo truck.

I got the wrong springs for the wastegate and I am going to a 2 bar map sensor for more accurate tunability.

My tuner tells me since I am using the innovative boost controller, I can have all the boost I am crazy enough to put in the motor.

I finally understand the wastegate. I think the thing I didn't understand all along was that the exhaust coming from the motor is not going to push the valve open, it is the boost from the intake side that does that.

At any rate, I think you gave me 12 pound springs and we ordered some 3 pound springs!!!!

Quite a difference.

I can't wait to get the truck on the road, my tuner is Colvin Automotive in Austin, the guys that built Lance Armstrongs GTO on overhaulin. He has had it for about a month and a half now.

Hope all you Banks guys are doing well, I sure wish the forum here was more active and I also wish I had more than 10megs of webspace to keep my pics up.

Good luck to all you installers out there in metal fabrication land and plumbers world. It's quite a project.

Rock on,

Rick :patriot: :lateral: :morepower

HotRodV6
12-06-2006, 10:30 PM
Can you tell me what size turbos come with the twin turbo kits?

Im looking at a turbo for my Typhoon that a guy is selling that says its from the newer twin turbo kits and says its a T04B with a TDO6 Turbine wheel in a 1.00 a/r housing with a 25G compressor side?

How does this turbo compare in size to something like a 60-1, or T67, or like the PTE 52 or something like that?

IS this to much turbo to run on a midly built Typhoon 4.3L V6 with a 2800 stall converter? Will it have lots of turbo lag?

Thanks

slow4dr
12-07-2006, 10:36 AM
Can you tell me what size turbos come with the twin turbo kits?

Im looking at a turbo for my Typhoon that a guy is selling that says its from the newer twin turbo kits and says its a T04B with a TDO6 Turbine wheel in a 1.00 a/r housing with a 25G compressor side?

How does this turbo compare in size to something like a 60-1, or T67, or like the PTE 52 or something like that?

IS this to much turbo to run on a midly built Typhoon 4.3L V6 with a 2800 stall converter? Will it have lots of turbo lag?

Thanks

That is a turbo we used about 20 years ago. They are good turbos and are still used today by many different tuners. The actual size of the inducer on the 25G compressor wheel eludes my memory right now but I would guess around 50-55mm. Running ONE of those on a 4.3 might be a viable option but using two will be out of the question. IMHO It would be extremely laggy with two turbos on that size motor. It probably wouldn't make positive manifold pressure until 3500-4000 rpm.

HotRodV6
12-07-2006, 02:20 PM
That is a turbo we used about 20 years ago. They are good turbos and are still used today by many different tuners. The actual size of the inducer on the 25G compressor wheel eludes my memory right now but I would guess around 50-55mm. Running ONE of those on a 4.3 might be a viable option but using two will be out of the question. IMHO It would be extremely laggy with two turbos on that size motor. It probably wouldn't make positive manifold pressure until 3500-4000 rpm.

That old huh, well it seems like its in good shape, and yes i wil only be running one. With the one turbo, do you think i will have any lag problems with a 2800 stall converter? Also would you happen to have an idea what the flow rate on this turbo would be?

Thanks for the great info and help.

slow4dr
12-07-2006, 02:24 PM
That old huh, well it seems like its in good shape, and yes i wil only be running one. With the one turbo, do you think i will have any lag problems with a 2800 stall converter? Also would you happen to have an idea what the flow rate on this turbo would be?

Thanks for the great info and help.

It will spool very well with a 2800 stall converter. From memory it should flow about 45-50 lbs min of air which should be good for 450-500WHP at it's limit.

HotRodV6
12-07-2006, 07:48 PM
It will spool very well with a 2800 stall converter. From memory it should flow about 45-50 lbs min of air which should be good for 450-500WHP at it's limit.

Well thats about what im looking for right now, until i can upgrade to a better trans down the road.

Also, it has a 6 bolt turbine discharge flange, you guys woudnt happen to have any of those flanges still laying around and some gaskets to go with? Would make it easier to adapt my DP to this thing.

In your opinion, whats this turbo worth in freshly rebulilt form?

Thanks again for all your help.

If you guys ever come out with a TT kit for LSx engines, ill defintly become a happy customer. TT 418 cube L92 has a nice ring to it.

slow4dr
12-08-2006, 09:13 AM
Well thats about what im looking for right now, until i can upgrade to a better trans down the road.

Also, it has a 6 bolt turbine discharge flange, you guys woudnt happen to have any of those flanges still laying around and some gaskets to go with? Would make it easier to adapt my DP to this thing.

In your opinion, whats this turbo worth in freshly rebulilt form?

Thanks again for all your help.

If you guys ever come out with a TT kit for LSx engines, ill defintly become a happy customer. TT 418 cube L92 has a nice ring to it.

I'd guess the turbo would be worth $500 with a fresh rebuild.

Personally I don't think the LSx kit is going to happen in the very near future. I have been exploring having manifolds made on my own dime.

I can get you the 6 bolt flanges and gaskets.

HotRodV6
12-08-2006, 12:00 PM

What kind of price and how do i pay you?

Thanks

slow4dr
12-08-2006, 12:23 PM

What kind of price and how do i pay you?

Thanks

PM sent

HotRodV6
12-10-2006, 03:13 AM
PM sent

PM replyed to, and heres those pics, just to make sure we are talking about the same thing. Also i wanted to ask, on your current TT kits they have the chrome turbine housing covers, and i wanted to ask if you could still get them or have them to fit this turbo?

Thanks

http://www.h-a-s-t-e.com/albums/My-Daily-Beater-1999-Cavalier-Coupe/Banks_Turbo_1.jpg

http://www.h-a-s-t-e.com/albums/My-Daily-Beater-1999-Cavalier-Coupe/Banks_Turbo_2.jpg

http://www.h-a-s-t-e.com/albums/My-Daily-Beater-1999-Cavalier-Coupe/Banks_Turbo_3.jpg

http://www.h-a-s-t-e.com/albums/My-Daily-Beater-1999-Cavalier-Coupe/Banks_Turbo_4.jpg

http://www.h-a-s-t-e.com/albums/My-Daily-Beater-1999-Cavalier-Coupe/Banks_Turbo_5.jpg

Aain, the specs are T04B TDO6H Turbine wheel with a 1.00 a/r housing with a 25G compressor?

Can you tell me if thats a 3 or a 4in compressor inlet? Probably a 2.5 comp outlet??

slow4dr
12-11-2006, 09:33 AM
PM replyed to, and heres those pics, just to make sure we are talking about the same thing. Also i wanted to ask, on your current TT kits they have the chrome turbine housing covers, and i wanted to ask if you could still get them or have them to fit this turbo?

Thanks

Aain, the specs are T04B TDO6H Turbine wheel with a 1.00 a/r housing with a 25G compressor?

Can you tell me if thats a 3 or a 4in compressor inlet? Probably a 2.5 comp outlet??

The turbine covers we use are based on a "on-center" design and won't work on the tangential housings you have.

The compressor cover looks to be a 3" inlet and 2" outlet.

This place sells tangential turbine housing heat shields. http://64.225.76.178/main.htm

ALLSPEED01
12-11-2006, 09:17 PM
If this doesn't work out for you on the Typhoon Bullseye Power offers a new direct bolt on extended tip turbo for the typhoon. It uses a 57 trim extended tip wheel and has a built in 38 mm wastegate. They are good for 350-500 wheel horsepower. I have personally installed a couple of these turbos on Typhoons and they work great.
Brian